ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mum invitation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nolada

mum invitation

Post by nolada » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:56 am

Hello there, I done my nationality and passport and I want to invite my mum to stay in uk longer than 6 months any visa type I can choose or is it possible or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: mum invitation

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:01 am

The UK does not allow chain migration and the Adult Dependent Relative visa is impossible to obtain and if you apply and are refused, it will shut the door on any future visitor visa applications. You don't say how old your mother is or which country she is resident in.

Unless she qualifies for a visa in her own right, a visitor visa is probably the only option. Bear in mind that she should not use a visitor visa to 'live and reside' in the UK as she will fail the 'genuine visitor' requirement.

The Surinder Singh route (web search this) is an option if you are prepared to move 'the centre of your life' to another EU member state for 6-12 months and then return to the UK. You need to show dependency etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.