ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Ireland for Peruvian living in UK on EEA Family Pm

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PAVA10

Travel to Ireland for Peruvian living in UK on EEA Family Pm

Post by PAVA10 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi,

I am Irish (although also have British nationality). My Peruvian wife is living with me in the UK and holds a 6 month EEA Family Permit.

We would like to both travel to Ireland and are wondering if it is possible for my wife to travel without the need for an additional visa / paperwork. I know that I do not need a passport if not travelling to Ireland by plane and wonder if this also applies to non - EEA nationals living in the UK on a EEA Family permit???

Thanks in advance,

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:20 am

Hello Pava,

your wife will need an Irish Visa, which unfortunately takes ages to get.

I doubt any airline will let her board a flight without a visa, and from time to time Irish immigration even has Immigration Controls for flights from the UK.

I flew from Heathrow to Dublin a few weeks ago and had to go through immigration.

I now live in Northern Ireland, and my wife already has the 5 years residence permit, and she still needs a visa.

Regards,
DSAB85

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Your wife may find it quicker to get an Irish visit visa rather than apply as the spouse of an EEA national.

I also advise that you both take passports when you travel. Many airlines require photo ID anyway, and the CTA is about to be abolished!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!