ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chriskv1
Member of Standing

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:08 am

Hi guys
This thread can be used for discussing any EEA2 EFM OR FM application that you have made. I saw one of the moderators freaking out on the timeline thread and now it has been locked . So let that thread be timeline only, you can have any discussions on here.

Discussions are different from questions , please understand @mods
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:27 am

chriskv1 wrote:Discussions are different from questions , please understand @mods
Questions lead to discussions which lead to questions which lead to even more discussions, please understand @chriskv1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:45 am

LoL I can't believe that the moderators has Locked the thread where we could discuss this issue and have some kind of productive debate !!
It seems that Casa has taken it to a personal level in spite of explaining his point of view and try to understand the needs of the Forum users, while forgetting that these kind of Forums exist because there are users and No Users ==> No discussion and therefore no forum.

Dear Mods, If you can go back to that specific Timelines thread you could see that it has been operating this way since it was created and the purpose of that thread is clearly defined by FOrza which is to post timelines and keep each other updated about the different events and experiences that happens and which are related to the EEA2 Timeline.

Most users that i know so far has expressed their dissatisfaction with what you have done, because Locking threads and killing the debate in order to impose a point of view is more of a dictatorship and far far away from a civilized manner of resolving conflicts.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone, but I am just expressing a straight forward point of view in order to resolve this very obtuse issue...
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
chriskv1 wrote:Discussions are different from questions , please understand @mods
Questions lead to discussions which lead to questions which lead to even more discussions, please understand @chriskv1
CR001 , The community believes otherwise . Obviously people found the need to keep discussing their matters in the EEA timeline thread rather than posting a topic . Since the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few , This topic is necessary.

Thank you for your cooperation mods and admins .

@Alex1128 :

Casa did seem to take it personally . But that's okay. Lets have all our discussions here. The other topic can be for timelines if someone decides to unlock it .

People are stubborn , What can we do ? ;) Regardless of anyone telling them people might continue to discuss things on the EEA2 timelines thread. Its best to have a seperate thread .

And Oh I just noticed, I'm on "thin ice" . Who's being childish now ?
Mahatma Gandhi

manimanimani
Newly Registered

Post by manimanimani » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 pm

alex1128 wrote:LoL I can't believe that the moderators has Locked the thread where we could discuss this issue and have some kind of productive debate !!
It seems that Casa has taken it to a personal level in spite of explaining his point of view and try to understand the needs of the Forum users, while forgetting that these kind of Forums exist because there are users and No Users ==> No discussion and therefore no forum.

Dear Mods, If you can go back to that specific Timelines thread you could see that it has been operating this way since it was created and the purpose of that thread is clearly defined by FOrza which is to post timelines and keep each other updated about the different events and experiences that happens and which are related to the EEA2 Timeline.

Most users that i know so far has expressed their dissatisfaction with what you have done, because Locking threads and killing the debate in order to impose a point of view is more of a dictatorship and far far away from a civilized manner of resolving conflicts.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone, but I am just expressing a straight forward point of view in order to resolve this very obtuse issue...

Troll.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 pm

The consensus of opinion to close the Timeline thread was taken by the Moderators and was nothing 'personal' as you have surmised. All of the Timeline threads are currently being monitored closely. By the way...I'm not a 'him'. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Casa you are a well respect Guru here and you have offered a lot of help to a lot of people and for that everyone has always been thankful .

But we as members haven't seen any moderators complaining on the timeline thread other than you and two days later the thread has been Locked, and how come you are saying that moderators have taken the decision to lock threads without consulting the forum members who are the essential fuel that keeps the immigration boards engine alive and working (and which might become moderators in the futur in order to keep the forum alive)... besides I am not only speaking for myself I have been contacted by members expressing their support to my proposition and also having new suggestions ...

I think the proper way to solve this issue would be to bring the talk down here and whoever has something to say either junior member , senior member or moderators he/she can say it here and I am sure we will end up with an arrangement, this sounds better than the policy of blocking/Locking and building another Berlin Wall ...

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:47 pm

I imagine there must be some kind of private discussion between moderators as to what they are going to do .
Again I am saying it would be useful if you could move that discussion here ....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Moderators would not complain on the thread itself, they would advise users on the thread to refrain from specific action and if they persist, to lock the thread down.

A discussion about timeline threads occurred on the "Comments about discussion board" sub-forum a while ago.

I have created a new thread in that sub-forum to discuss what users expect as appropriate use of timeline threads. Let us continue this discussion there.

Otherwise, this thread, which is meant to be about EEA2/FM-EFM, will become equally useless as it will be used as a discussion thread for an entirely unrelated idea.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Guys take it easy... I think it would be better if we move that discussion here..
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 pm

kunfayakun wrote:I think it would be better if we move that discussion here..
Would that not defeat the point of this thread, which is to discuss EEA FM/EFM matters?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Everyone please , Let's not go off topic

Some things that I want to clear up :

I understand why the mods would want the timeline thread to be timeline only - As the title suggests , Its for timelines only right .

BUT

People would continue to have discussions there (As we saw earlier , Even though CASA said not to) as they feel more comfortable having a common thread to discuss things . I'm not saying that's what I want , I'm just saying that's what happens usually .

The only choice we have atm to keep the other thread as timeline only is to spark all discussions related to EEA EFM/FM here so that users who want to continue their discussions on a thread can do so here. Thus helping towards keeping the other thread to be only timelines purely.

So let's stop with these arguments .
If this thread doesn't work out as intended in the next two weeks , Mods feel free to take any necessary action.

Now back to topic @ everyone :

Any update from July,August applicants ?
Mahatma Gandhi

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:33 pm

secret.simon wrote: I have created a new thread in that sub-forum to discuss what users expect as appropriate use of timeline threads. Let us continue this discussion there.
Alright secret.simon since the discussion can not take place here we would be more than happy to go to the new thread you have started and ask the same questions I just hope that there be an HONEST participation of both sides.

P.S: I think it's better to lock this thread there so that we can concentrate the discussion in the new thread you have created : http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 00665.html

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Most of the timelines have rules, for example I found these quite easily ...
Please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have an update to provide (timelines only).

Queries, pleasantries, off-topic posts, duplicate posts, multiple posts relating to the same application, request for updates, posts enquiring about current timelines, etc. are not be posted, will be deleted without notice, and members posting irrelevant posts in this topic that require moderators to waste their time in cleaning up the topic may have their access restricted.
&
Moderator Edit : A reminder to ALL who contribute on this thread that it is for TIMELINES ONLY. Any discussion or question posts will be deleted
If the odd timeline thread happened to miss out such a proviso it's not really setting a precedent for a 'free for all' in all the timelines;
- it just means a hard-pressed mod overlooked it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:47 pm

If there is a consensus on this thread, can I suggest that the moderators move the posts on this thread (apart from one linking to the other thread) about appropriate conduct to be moved to the thread that I have created?

This thread can then revert to its primary purpose of being a discussion space for EEA2/FM-EFM queries.

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:If there is a consensus on this thread, can I suggest that the moderators move the posts on this thread (apart from one linking to the other thread) about appropriate conduct to be moved to the thread that I have created?

This thread can then revert to its primary purpose of being a discussion space for EEA2/FM-EFM queries.
+1 to simon
Mahatma Gandhi

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Did anyone get their RCs today ?
Mahatma Gandhi

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:46 pm

It's 5 months now, hopefully next week the good news will start pouring in from some of us, God willing.. I go on the timeline thread twice a day for update but it's locked now.. The moderators should open it as we get important updates there.
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

That's fine teerak discussions can continue here.
Mahatma Gandhi

ali6278
Newly Registered

Post by ali6278 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:23 pm

Hello guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been monitoring for some time now, I tried to join before but there was an issue, and today I tried and it worked.

I am in an unusual situation and not sure what to do.

Last year, I made an EEA EFM application as the unmarried partner of an EEA national (I submitted a certified copy of my wife's ID then, she only had her ID card then and she needed it for travel and to look for work ... ). at some point during the processing time I got married, the HO approved it without investigation. 2 days before my marriage I received the questionnaire, which I completed after my marriage and returned along with some supporting documents, a week or two after, I received an invitation to an interview in Liverpool, my wife and I attended the interview, and it went ok. By the way, I asked the interviewer to keep my wife's original ID but he refused and said just keep it with you, we'll only lose it (he kept other documents but not the ID).
A week later I received the refusal on the grounds that I didn't submit my wife's original ID.
My solicitor suggested it was a mistake since I offered it to the HO during the interview and they refused to keep it, and since it wasn't a big deal he said let's send it to them along with a letter explaining the situation and see if they review their decision.
We sent the original ID to the person who signed the refusal, but he never replied. one month later we sent him a reminder and asked for a response positive or negative, it didn't matter because i decided to make a new application. he never replied to date (it's been 3 months now).
A few days ago I made the new application, EEA FM this time, with all the documents except the original ID that was already with the home office.
2 weeks later I received the biometrics letter and a Short CoA because my wife's original ID was missing !!!
Despite making it very clear and explaining in the cover letter and on the application form that the original IDs are already with the home office , with X person at this address, and attached the letter that was sent with them.
Has anybody gone through a similar situation ? I'd like to know how it was dealt with, if not I'd appreciate your advice.

Thank you

Djulyapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Djulyapplicant » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello all,

DannyG15 (applied on 31st, July) and I (applied on 28th, July) received our rc letter today! Thanks all for the previous support and best of luck to everyone!

-----
App: 28, July, 2015
COA: 05, Sep, 2015
RC Letter: 07, Jan, 2016

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Djulyapplicant wrote:Hello all,

DannyG15 (applied on 31st, July) and I (applied on 28th, July) received our rc letter today! Thanks all for the previous support and best of luck to everyone!

-----
App: 28, July, 2015
COA: 05, Sep, 2015
RC Letter: 07, Jan, 2016
t
Congratulations guys... Home office staff are back from holidays
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Good to hear that things are moving again.
Mahatma Gandhi

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi guys
I'm just wondering if anyone's applied with expired passport
We had home visit last September the HO took my passport away ( it wasn't expired when they took it away )
So I haven't sent my passport with the application
Is it strong ground to reject the application ?
Thanks a lot

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:30 pm

SE/nech wrote:Hi guys
I'm just wondering if anyone's applied with expired passport
We had home visit last September the HO took my passport away ( it wasn't expired when they took it away )
So I haven't sent my passport with the application
Is it strong ground to reject the application ?
Thanks a lot
I dont think it may be a problem but how come you have your passport ? Didnt you send it wjth your application?

Also what happened during the visit? Cant see why they took your passport without your consent ?