ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Human rights refused but 10 years legal stay complete

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skye90
Newly Registered

FLR(O) Human rights refused but 10 years legal stay complete

Post by skye90 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:26 am

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me! Much appreciated!
I arrived in UK in Dec 2005 when I was still a child with my family. I finished my high school and university and until Sep 2015 I was a dependant on my father's visa as family. Dad got his ILR in July 2015 and in Sep 2015 before our visas expired mum and brother applied for FLR(M) -since we could only apply for settlement in NOV 2015- which they successfully got in Dec 2015. However, because I was over 18y/o I had to apply for FLR(O) in Sep 2015 on grounds of human rights proving my family is in the UK and they have decided to stay in the UK and I came to the UK because of my family and this is where I have all my family, friends and employment. Note, I started working in OCT 2015 and I was allowed to work while my application was reviewed. Today I was informed my application has been rejected but I can appeal. I already have been in the UK for 10 years (DEC 2015) but couldn't change my application for settlement because I couldn't sit the Life in the UK Test since Home Office had my passport (and still have, so cannot sit exam).
Any ideas on the best way to proceed? I am scared that if I appeal they will reject it again and I lose my continous 10 year residency.

geriatrix

Re: FLR(O) Human rights refused but 10 years legal stay comp

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:38 am

Apply for FLR(LR) (270A1 to 276B), I think.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skye90
Newly Registered

Post by skye90 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I just got one more question, if I apply for FLR(LR) will I have to leave or take a break for my job? or will I continue to have my right to work? and do I need to appeal and then apply for FLR(LR) or can I do it now?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!