ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 Dependant VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

PBS Tier 2 Dependant VISA

Post by talreh20 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Dear All

I need to apply for my wife's Visa soon as a Tier 2 General Dependent. I am really confused about English language requirement. Can any one please tell me if my wife needs to do IELTS. Just to let you know that I am on Tier 2 (General) VISA and not on ILR.

The dependent's VISA guidance issued by UKVI on 12 Nov 2015 does not mention any thing about english language requirement.

Can any one please help. I need to apply really soon.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks in advance.

best regards

Tal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 2 Dependant VISA

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:12 am

Dear CR001

Many thanks for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Tal

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Dear Experts

I wanted to ask one more thing. I am also applying dependant VISA for my little 4 months old girl as well. I have been maintaining £630 for each dependant i.e. £1260 in total for both. I went to bank yesterday and asked for a print out of my bank statements for last three months. They printed it out for me and stamped the statements. I have two questions to ask here now.

1 The statements they printed is not a coloured print. Its a black and white print. But it does state my name, address, account, sort code and bank's logo. It also states that statements were printed in branch and they also stamped it as well. I am just wondering would it needed to be a coloured copy? (by having a look at the statements it looks like someone photocopied it and does not give a genuine impression)

2. The second question is as i am applying for two people, do i need two bank statement documents? i.e. two stamped statements or one would do for you. Bearing in mind i have maintained £1260 for two dependants. It is just one document. Do i need two documents?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Tal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:31 pm

1. Should be fine.

2. Ideally yes, otherwise submit applications together with a cover note explaining the link of the two applications and supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiran3313

Post by kiran3313 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:19 pm

talreh20 wrote:Dear All

I need to apply for my wife's Visa soon as a Tier 2 General Dependent. I am really confused about English language requirement. Can any one please tell me if my wife needs to do IELTS. Just to let you know that I am on Tier 2 (General) VISA and not on ILR.

The dependent's VISA guidance issued by UKVI on 12 Nov 2015 does not mention any thing about english language requirement.

Can any one please help. I need to apply really soon.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks in advance.

best regards

Tal
Hi talreh20,
can you share the status of your application please? I have a query on maintenance funds, whether to maintain 630+630 only or 630+630+945(for my self). This is visa is for my family alone as I am on ILR already

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

PBS Tier 2 Dependent VISA more than 3 years

Post by talreh20 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 am

Dear All/Administrators/Moderators

I wanted to post this as a new thread but for some reason i can't figure out a way to do that. If any administrator or moderator can do that, please go a ahead and post it as a new thread.

This Post is about Tier 2 dependent VISAS. My wife and child has successfully got their visas today. I am posting the whole procedure that we have been through in order to apply.

Please note: I am already in the UK and on Tier 2 General VISA over 3 years category. I am not a solicitor and I have not hired any solicitor. I did everything by myself. I just read the guidance and immigration rules very carefully. Off-course without the help of immigration board members it was not possible at all.

Time Scale:
Applications submitted - 18-01-2016
Appointments date - 20-01-2016
Applications received in Sheffield UK (Email confirmation) - 21-01-2016
Phone call received from Gerry's Pakistan for the collection of documents - 05-02-2016
Collected documents from Gerry's Pakistan Lahore Office - 08-02-2016
If I exclude weekends, it took 12 working days. Pretty quick. :)

There were two applications. For my wife and child. Following documents were submitted:
(PLEASE NOTE IELTS is NOT a requirement for Tier 2 or 4 Dependent VISAS. I am not sure about the dependents of those who currently hold ILRs. Please read the guidance)
For my wife and child:
1- Online submitted application forms for both
2- Two passport sized photographs for each applicant
3- Passport of my wife and child
4- Marriage certificates (In Pakistan we receive two marriage certificates. 1 in Urdu hand written from the registrar and 2nd is from the government)
5- Urdu to English translations of Marriage certificate.
6- Pakistani ID Card photocopies and Urdu to English translations.
7- Wife's mother's and father's ID card coloured photocopies and Urdu to English translations.
8- Birth certificate
9- B-Form (It is a certificate which is issued to children in Pakistan as ID card can't be issued to them)
10- TB Tests certificates for both
11- Vaccination records of my child
12- Bank statement (covering 3 months period showing £1260 for two dependents). I went to bank and they printed it for me on an A4 paper and was black and white. But they stamped it and i posted these to my wife. Your wife/husband is required to attach original bank statements. Scanned copies are not accepted i believe.
13- Subsisting relationships proofs (To prove that i attached our wedding photos, honeymoon photos, photos with the family and photos with the baby. In total we submitted 40 photos. To prove the communication, i took screen shots of skype call records, facebook messages, whatsapp messages and some call records. We text each other in Urdu language but i did not translate any of the messages in English as we submitted about 80 pages for facebook and what's app communications). To prove that i also support my wife in Pakistan, i provided my wife with money sent records as well.
14-Scanned coloured copy of my passport i.e. the husband
15- Scanned coloured copy of my BRP
16-Scanned copy of my Pakistani ID card
17-Payslips for last three months
18-Employer's letter (If any one needs the format let me know. I'll paste it here)
19- Tenancy agreement, Landlord's no objection letter and House survery i.e. length, width and height of the rooms etc.
20. My cover letter
21. My wife's cover letter

When she went to submit the application, staff at the VISA application center forced her to also provide 2 sets of photo copies of each document. I don't know why they did it as there is nothing mentioned in Home office guidance and nothing at VFS global website as well.

Nevertheless the point is when you go to VISA application center in Pakistan get two sets of photocopies with you as well. It will make the process easier. My wife's appointment was 11 am and she was out before 12. It could have been much more quicker if we knew about the photocopies.

And yes it costed my about £4500 for two applications. Too much expensive.

I hope above will help someone in successfully getting the visa for their wife/husband.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

Best regards and good luck!!!

T!

aneeque27
Newly Registered

Post by aneeque27 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 am

Hi,

Did you sent all your documents to Pakistan and then your wife attached it to the application or did you sent some of the documents from UK directly to Sheffield eg. Bank Statment, Payslips, Property reports, employer letter etc.? i m just concerned of the postal time it take to get it delivered to Pakistan, rather use guaranteed special next day delivery to Sheffield.

Many Thanks,

Aneeque Chohan

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

I have recently been through the visa application process for my wife and son who applied from Pakistan. I sent all the documents from UK, and then my wife submitted those documents in the visa application centre in Pakistan. First I prepared all the documents and sent them via International Signed for, (Royal Mail Service). That package did not reach even after a week, and then I prepared another pack with all the printouts etc. and sent it via DHL (it costs ~39 pounds, where you can drop off at many DHL service points, usually in WHSmith etc.) and that package reached in 3 days. The package that was sent via DHL was actually used for visa application. The Royal Mail package also eventually arrived (after over half a month!!! so completely useless service)..bottom line: if it is for PBS dependant visa, you have to send them over to Pakistan...