ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Pakistan

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm

I am going down the route of Cash Savings Category D. These savings were made in 5 years from full-time employments.
I have two questions

1. Would it be acceptable to show an Employment Income Summary from HMRC to declare the source of income? These savings were not made by selling any assets but rather from 5 years of full time Employment.

2. I have seen that in some cases they have asked for a recent bank statement even after providing them with 6 months of bank statements and after submitting an application. Although the rule says 6 months prior to date of application but if they do ask for a recent bank statement and you don't have the same savings what happens then?

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Pakistan

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:15 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:I am going down the route of Cash Savings Category D. These savings were made in 5 years from full-time employments.
I have two questions

1. Would it be acceptable to show an Employment Income Summary from HMRC to declare the source of income? These savings were not made by selling any assets but rather from 5 years of full time Employment. Yes

2. I have seen that in some cases they have asked for a recent bank statement even after providing them with 6 months of bank statements and after submitting an application. Although the rule says 6 months prior to date of application but if they do ask for a recent bank statement and you don't have the same savings what happens then?
The most recent bank statement should be no older than 28 days prior to submitting the application. If the case worker requests a further statement and the savings have 'disappeared', and you are relying on these to meet the income level then the application will be refused.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Are you applying solely based on savings? If yes, do you have £62,500 held in an accessible account for minimum of 6 months?

If you spend the money and it drops below the required threshold, you then don't meet the financial requirement and the visa will be refused.

Edit : #Casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

CR001 wrote:Are you applying solely based on savings? If yes, do you have £62,500 held in an accessible account for minimum of 6 months?

If you spend the money and it drops below the required threshold, you then don't meet the financial requirement and the visa will be refused.

Edit : #Casa :wink:
I am relying solely on cash savings. I have more than £62,500 for more than 6 months. If after submitting an an application, the case worker decides to request an even recent bank statement which is after the date of application submission and if savings have disappeared what happens? I thought the rule is documents prior to the date of application. As they say they do not accept any proof after the date of application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Ah! They can ask for further evidence that the savings remain at the mandatory level. Checks to verify financial evidence are often made as ECOs are aware that savings can be 'borrowed' and returned to the lender after the application has been submitted. They're wise to this. In the same way that employers are frequently contacted to confirm that the employment is still ongoing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 am

If after submitting an an application, the case worker decides to request an even recent bank statement which is after the date of application submission and if savings have disappeared what happens?
If UKVI ask for most recent or contact the bank to verify your account balance and details and it is different to what was submitted, the application will be refused and likely viewed as deception.
As they say they do not accept any proof after the date of application?
True, but they can contact you for more recent statements if they feel there is something not right going on. UKVI can ask you to provide any document after you have submitted the application. Don't confuse the visa application process with what you can and can't submit at an appeal.

As Casa has said, UKVI/HO have become very wise to this.

You should maintain the balance until such time as the visa is granted. I would suggest that you don't mess about with UKVI/HO, they are and have closed a lot of loop holes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:39 am

Cash Savings Source Declaration Documents
The HO guidance regarding declaring source of Cash Savings only shows an example where an asset is sold.
In my case, I managed to save in 5 years from full-time employment from 4 different employers. To provide an evidence to declare source, I cannot go through the hassle of contacting each one of my past employers and asking them to write a letter for me.

I can however send HO a single letter from HMRC showing a yearly summary of my income and tax deducted from each employment. What would you say is this acceptable to declare a source of savings? Nowhere they have mentioned what documents they require to declare source from full time employment.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Cash Savings Source Declaration Documents

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:59 pm

The HO guidance regarding declaring source of Cash Savings only shows an example where an asset is sold.
In my case, I managed to save £65K in 5 years from full-time employment from 4 different employers. To provide an evidence to declare source, I cannot go through the hassle of contacting each one of my past employers and asking them to write a letter for me.

I can however send HO a single letter from HMRC showing a yearly summary of my income and tax deducted from each employment.

What would you say is this acceptable to declare a source of savings?
Nowhere they have mentioned what documents they require to declare source from full time employment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Please keep your queries on the same application in the topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:08 pm

You can state on the form that it is cash savings from employment and provide the statements required or more statements if you wish to.

Page 54 of this document (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:40 pm

CR001 wrote:You can state on the form that it is cash savings from employment and provide the statements required or more statements if you wish to.

What type of statements? Bank statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Yes, you need to submit 6 months minimum worth of bank statements to prove you meet the financial requirement. If you are relying on savings, the £62,500 must have been held in an accessible account (not a fixed deposit) for at least 6 months
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, you need to submit 6 months minimum worth of bank statements to prove you meet the financial requirement. If you are relying on savings, the £62,500 must have been held in an accessible account (not a fixed deposit) for at least 6 months
I am fully aware that for Cash Savings 6 months statements are mandatory.
But my question was what document proof I can show to "declare the source" of my cash savings? These savings were not made by selling any asset but rather through full-time employment.
In the HO guidance, they have only mentioned an example of what document you should provide if you have sold an asset.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 pm

CR001 wrote:You can state on the form that it is cash savings from employment and provide the statements required or more statements if you wish to.

You are over thinking this. You declare that your cash savings are savings you have managed yourself over X period from employment. You can't produce a document you don't have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Can saving in abroad account in applicant name in local currency can be able to combine with UK bank account saving and category A to meet maintenance requirement??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

1up2down
Newly Registered

Post by 1up2down » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:36 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, you need to submit 6 months minimum worth of bank statements to prove you meet the financial requirement. If you are relying on savings, the £62,500 must have been held in an accessible account (not a fixed deposit) for at least 6 months
I believe, If funds held in Fixed deposit/deposit accounts are readily accessible (with or without penalty, in most cases you will be penalised around 1-2% of deposit value) it can be counted towards cash savings.

7.4.2. Savings can be held in any form of bank/savings account. This bank/savings account can be a deposit or investment account. Deposit accounts are usually easily identifiable

(a) The savings may be held in any form of bank/savings account (whether a deposit or investment account), provided that the account allows the savings to be accessed immediately (with or without a penalty for withdrawing funds without notice. This can include savings held in a pension savings account which can be immediately withdrawn

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Entry Clearance - Police Certificate

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 pm

For Entry Clearance Spouse Visa....

1. Do you require Police Certificate?
2. Do you require Birth Certificate?
3. Do you require National Identity Card Number?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Please keep your queries on the same application in the topic you already have.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:14 am

1. Do you require Police Certificate?
3. Do you require National Identity Card Number

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:54 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:1. Do you require Police Certificate?
No you don't need any of the above except NIC photocopy for Spouse.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:26 pm

shakoorh wrote:
Do you mean copy of applicant's NIC or UK spouse's NIC? I thought passports would be enough no?

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:
shakoorh wrote:
Do you mean copy of applicant's NIC or UK spouse's NIC? I thought passports would be enough no?
It's just additional ID tbh you probably don't need to send it, and you only need to provide a photocopy. Applicants ID.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 am

I am little confused as to where one should submit the documents for entry clearance spouse visa application from Pakistan.

1. Should the application form and all supporting documents including passport be submitted in Pakistan.
2. Or some documents are submitted in Pakistan and some in the UK
3. If no.2 is correct then which documents should be submitted where?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 am

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:I am little confused as to where one should submit the documents for entry clearance spouse visa application from Pakistan.

1. Should the application form and all supporting documents including passport be submitted in Pakistan.
2. Or some documents are submitted in Pakistan and some in the UK
3. If no.2 is correct then which documents should be submitted where?
The Only document you need to submit at Gerrys in Pakistan is your passport .You will need to show them the Confirmation letter that you have submitted and paid for online submission. Whilst handing these in you will be required to do your biometrics. Every other document including your TB test and English test certificates will need to be sent to your UK sponsor , so they can submit application and other supporting documents to Sheffield.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:42 am

batleykhan wrote: The Only document you need to submit at Gerrys in Pakistan is your passport .You will need to show them the Confirmation letter that you have submitted and paid for online submission. Whilst handing these in you will be required to do your biometrics. Every other document including your TB test and English test certificates will need to be sent to your UK sponsor , so they can submit application and other supporting documents to Sheffield.
Thanks for the info.

Do you know who signs the declaration on the on-line web application? The applicant or Spouse or anyone?