ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info on Family Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AA321

Info on Family Visa

Post by AA321 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:44 am

Hi,

I am planning to take my sister from India to UK for 6 months visit. My sister completed her graduation just now and lives with my parents.

I will be supporting her for the complete trip. Could you please help me what are the documents I should be providing to UKBA, specially the kind of the document that proves that she would be returning back to India.

She doesn't have any property on her name. Can I submit a enclosed letter saying she lives with my parents and attach their passport copies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Info on Family Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:22 am

Unlikely she will be granted a visitor visa is she has no ties to home country. HO are becoming quite strict with visitor visas.

The following will count against her :
1. No job or income
2. Not in education
3. No children/husband etc
4. No property
5. A 6 months visit - this would be considered 'residing' not 'visiting' and she will likely fail the 'genuine visitor' criteria.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks CR001.

Considering the situation I have explained, Could you suggest any of the document I can produce to prove that she would be returning to her home country.

I am preferring to get 6 months visitor visa for her and but she wont stay for that long in UK.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

AA321 wrote:Thanks CR001.

Considering the situation I have explained, Could you suggest any of the document I can produce to prove that she would be returning to her home country.

I am preferring to get 6 months visitor visa for her and but she wont stay for that long in UK.
All visit visas have six months validity, this being the period within which they can be used. it doesn't mean you can stay in UK for six months, 2/3 weeks a couple times over the validity period would be a good pattern to establish.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Could you suggest any of the document I can produce to prove that she would be returning to her home country.
Anyone can say anything so you writing a letter saying she will return is pointless. She needs to provide documentary evidence of her ties to her home country. At the moment, based on what you have posted, she only has your parents. Doesn't look good to an ECO does it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prem

Post by Prem » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 pm

I am in the same boat, trying to bring over my wife's parents from India and her 21 year old sister for the birth of our 2nd child due in early June. Applying for Visit Visa, Sub Category Family.

At the moment docs I have collated for her...
ID - Election Card, Indian ID and Bike License.
Educatiion Ceritifcates - Uni, College and School.
Trying to see if she can get a letter of becoming a trainee at the computer centre she is currently doing a course at, trying to get the start date deferred to Aug/Sept 2016.
Trying to join some local unions, to show some ties to India.
Also going to draw up a Family Tree, showing all her relatives reside in mainly India, apart from my wife (her sister).

Thats all i have so far, still thinking of more things. She has no Job, land, money, unmarried, no kids. Her parents are writing a letter to say until marriage she will be dependent on them financially etc. Trying to make the application as genuine as i possibly can, to show they all will return. Stressful lol
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19