ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea with chikdren born in uk 8 yrs?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nemerkh

Eea with chikdren born in uk 8 yrs?

Post by nemerkh » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 am

Been in uk since 2007. Am a noneu wofe is eu first eea4 refused due to self employment lack of evidence got another eea2 with work and self sufficiency;
We got 2 children born in uk eldest being 8.
I heard once they reach the 7 yrs? Period then am i right in thinking we get automatic residence or is it more complex?
But a lawyer said at 8 yrs they cant refuse us to stay in uk (in case uk leave europe and all goes tits up). Can somebody shed some light on that please. Thanks.

nemerkh

Re: Eea with chikdren born in uk 8 yrs?

Post by nemerkh » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:31 am

Anyone please?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:15 pm

nemerkh wrote:Been in uk since 2007. Am a noneu wofe is eu first eea4 refused due to self employment lack of evidence got another eea2 with work and self sufficiency;
We got 2 children born in uk eldest being 8.
I heard once they reach the 7 yrs? Period then am i right in thinking we get automatic residence or is it more complex?
But a lawyer said at 8 yrs they cant refuse us to stay in uk (in case uk leave europe and all goes tits up). Can somebody shed some light on that please. Thanks.
You seem to be jumbling UK Immigration Regulations with EU Regulations.

With an EEA sponsor you are on the EU immigration route.

You have 'residency' already.
That is, as long as your sponsor (EEA national spouse) is exercising treaty rights in UK, (for example by working), the dependent family members (you and children) have the right to reside, work, study in UK too.

For children born in UK, as soon as one parent acquires PR the children can be registered as British citizens; (under Section 1(3) of BNA - use form MN1).

Once you and husband acquire PR & apply for & get a 'confirmation of PR' card then you can apply to naturalise (if you wish to do so);
(that is assuming all other requirements for citizenship have been met and once you have held PR for 12 months).

As to any Brexit, noone really knows what that will look like & what will happen.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Amine-medini

Post by Amine-medini » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:46 pm

If I Understand correctly , he apply for PR using EEA 4 , got refused but still sent another RC with right to work etc ....