ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN and BRP Card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baaghi
Newly Registered

Form AN and BRP Card

Post by baaghi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi,

Just wish to clarify, do we still need to send the BRP card with the application keeping in mind the new form has a specific question about the BRP.

I know the BRP has to be sent once the application has been approved but I do not wish to loose my BRP for the entire processing time of 5-6 months. So, just wondering if I can send my application with the passport and LIUK test only?

The guide still says -
"Evidence of identity
If you were issued with a Biometric Residence Permit, you must provide/use it in
support of your application, alongside:"

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Form AN and BRP Card

Post by ohara » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:08 pm

If you use the NCS, they will send a photocopy and you can keep the BRP. If you apply by post, you must send the BRP.

Regardless of what method is used, if your application is accepted you must return the BRP within 5 days of the ceremony or risk a £1000 fine.

Obviously if you apply by post and tick the box saying "please retain my BRP" you don't have to worry. But if you application is refused, you will need to apply for a new BRP.

baaghi
Newly Registered

Post by baaghi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Does that mean that the home office returns your BRP with in a specific period if you tick the option:

- I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home
Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may
receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.

Just thinking whats the point of these options if you have to send your BRP anyways??

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:03 pm

I assume so, as you might need it to travel in and out of the country.

baaghi
Newly Registered

Post by baaghi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Mods.......any idea?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:10 pm

The form is used by people who apply by post and who apply using NCS. The BRP requirements are a bit different for each.

Postal applications, you have to send the original BRP card. If you don't send it, your application will likely be sent back as invalid.

NCS applications, they copy your card and give you the original back. They send a copy of your card with your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:11 pm

baaghi wrote:Mods.......any idea?
Why dont you use NCS ?

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Whatever the cost of using NCS is, it is worth the investment, and you can choose NCS from any council, not just from your own. They also check that your application is filled in correctly and make photocopies of other supporting documents, including your non UK passport. Trust us it is highly recommended to use NCS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:24 pm

tripping wrote:Whatever the cost of using NCS is, it is worth the investment, and you can choose NCS from any council, not just from your own. They also check that your application is filled in correctly and make photocopies of other supporting documents, including your non UK passport. Trust us it is highly recommended to use NCS.
Absolutely +1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.