ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration and asylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Hoshang
Newly Registered

Immigration and asylum

Post by Hoshang » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi
My partner has submitted a fresh claim almost 13 months ago but we have heard nothing from Home Office
yet, we have a little child and married together in our faith for almost 2 years.My question is that,
what we can do about her fresh claim? Or how we can push the Home Office to make a decision?

With many thanks
Hoshang

secret.simon

Re: Immigration and asylum

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:15 pm

What is your immigration history and current status in the UK? What is your child's and partner's immigration history and current status in the UK?
What is the claim that you have lodged with the Home Office and what is its basis?
You mentioned that you "were married in our faith"? In which country was the marriage conducted?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hoshang
Newly Registered

Post by Hoshang » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks
I am British , and my Partner was Asylum from Iran who has failed we have submitted a fresh claim on her converted religion.In her fresh claim we have sent copy of my passport and also a latter from me which we want to be together . we married in Uk but with my faith.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Hoshang wrote:we married in Uk but with my faith.
I presume that you mean an Islamic nikkah. That does not constitute a legal marriage for the purpose of UK law, unless you also had a registered marriage at a registry.

What is the basis of the new claim? Is it based on "a relationship akin to marriage"?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hoshang
Newly Registered

Post by Hoshang » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:55 am

hi
No we have not registered our marriage in Registry Office, As I said my partner converted to Christianity,
and her fresh claim is on base her religion.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 am

So where did your marriage take place? In order for the marriage to be considered legal in the UK it must be registered with the local Registrar. This applies to all church weddings, including the Church of England for non-EEA nationals.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 pm

From your username, I would make an intelligent guess that you are of Iranian descent yourself. Do you and your Iranian wife belong to one of Oriental Orthodox or Assyrian churches from Iran (such as the Church of the East) or are you followers of an Evangelical Christian faith, such as the Assembly of God?

The reason that I ask is because as I understand it, the former are constitutionally protected faiths in Iran (in theory at least) while the latter are persecuted. It is possible that the Home Office is liaising with the FCO to gain a better understanding of the situation in Iran as regards this.