ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS - what are the advantages?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bristolapplicant
Newly Registered

NCS - what are the advantages?

Post by bristolapplicant » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Finally reaching the end of all the UK immigration headaches for my husband. Final hurdle is of course Citizenship and as always very poor information on the government websites so I am hoping someone can answer a couple of questions for us.

1. Do we need to surrender my husband's passport and BRP for citizenship? We had a nightmare when applying for ILR and had to cancel a holiday as we didn't realise that his passport would be held for so long.

2. What is the advantage of using the NCS? - will it speed up the process? does it mean we don't have to send off important documents like passport? I presume its just a bit like the passport check and send process that the Post Office offers?

Many thanks and apologies if these questions have been answered before.

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: NCS - what are the advantages?

Post by solospy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:19 pm

bristolapplicant wrote:Finally reaching the end of all the UK immigration headaches for my husband. Final hurdle is of course Citizenship and as always very poor information on the government websites so I am hoping someone can answer a couple of questions for us.

1. Do we need to surrender my husband's passport and BRP for citizenship? We had a nightmare when applying for ILR and had to cancel a holiday as we didn't realise that his passport would be held for so long.

2. What is the advantage of using the NCS? - will it speed up the process? does it mean we don't have to send off important documents like passport? I presume its just a bit like the passport check and send process that the Post Office offers?

Point 1 answers your question in point 2. You dont want to be part of another nightmare by applying through post for your husbands naturalisation as you get to keep the original passport and and all other documents including BRP when you apply through NCS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:21 pm

bristolapplicant wrote:Finally reaching the end of all the UK immigration headaches for my husband. Final hurdle is of course Citizenship and as always very poor information on the government websites so I am hoping someone can answer a couple of questions for us.

1. Do we need to surrender my husband's passport and BRP for citizenship? We had a nightmare when applying for ILR and had to cancel a holiday as we didn't realise that his passport would be held for so long. NCS will copy them and return the originals to you. This is probably the biggest advantage of using NCS and well worth the fee.

2. What is the advantage of using the NCS? - will it speed up the process? does it mean we don't have to send off important documents like passport? I presume its just a bit like the passport check and send process that the Post Office offers? No, it does not speed up the process. Biggest advantage see #1 answer. They also check your form etc. Some councils are offering a joint pilot scheme where you apply for citizenship and your passport together. These applications seem to be processed a bit quicker.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bristolapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by bristolapplicant » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Thank you both - Solospy and CR001.

You have answered my questions completely and obviously we will apply through NCS - it is just impossible to get straight answers via government websites and even by local Registry Office who never answer calls. We will book an appointment ASAP. We do not want to surrender his travel documents and are happy to pay whatever fee is required for this service :D

Many thanks again.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Be careful while using NCS you can find muppets in there as well no wonder they are also govt. dept. so make sure you meet all requirements before applying. :shock:
*The gravity*