ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPS/ RTI- Help Needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FKS21177

FPS/ RTI- Help Needed

Post by FKS21177 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi All respected members..

Is there any specific layout for FPS ??

I have kept 3 different accountants in last 3 years, one has provided me payslips and Employers summary only

the other one has provided me payslips, net pay report & p32

the current one is providing me payslips, p32 & Full payment submission.

Is employers summary and FPS same ?? what exactly should be provided with extension application??

thanks in advance

kayani2012

Re: FPS/ RTI- Help Needed

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:14 pm

yes you need two types of Docs
one is call FPS Certificate which is prove of submissions and 2nd is employee wise which is also FPS with all details of employee individual

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 pm

kayani2012 wrote:yes you need two types of Docs
one is call FPS Certificate which is prove of submissions and 2nd is employee wise which is also FPS with all details of employee individual
Please advise .

I am going to submit 12 Full Payment Submission (FPS) for each employee &
12 thier Salary Slips

Will this be enough as per immigrations rules for extension.

Or should i also need to send 12 Payment Summary - Monthly Employees(Both Employees) & EPR (P32) Summary Report

please advise

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 pm

hmm get P11, P60, p14 and if somebody left p45 as well

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:15 am

kayani2012 wrote:yes you need two types of Docs
There no such thing as FPS certificate. When you submit an FPS to HMRC, HMRC sends you a confirmation response. Usually the FPS response is not included on a RTI FPS report.
suvalike wrote:
Please advise .

I am going to submit 12 Full Payment Submission (FPS) for each employee &
12 thier Salary Slips

Will this be enough as per immigrations rules for extension.

Or should i also need to send 12 Payment Summary - Monthly Employees(Both Employees) & EPR (P32) Summary Report

please advise
Submit the following documents:

1. RTI FPS reports for at least 12 months + the FPS report that shows employee starters/leavers information
2. You do not need to send P46 as it is not used any more unless you employed people before 2013. Send P45 if any employee has left.
2. 12 months payslips for all employees
3. Employee payment record (this usually can be P11 deduction working sheet report)
4. It is good to send Employer Payment Record (P32) which pretty much covers the same info on FPS reports
5. Employee passport information copy for settled workers
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks all for help...

My question was is employee summary and FPS same things or different ??

coz i have "employees summary" report but no such thing with title FPS

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:22 pm

FKS21177 wrote:Thanks all for help...

They are different things:

One thing you get is as below:

Payment Summary - Monthly Employees
( The Payment Summary data shown below are derived from your Pay Period data )

Other is : Full Payment Submission (FPS)...You can ask your accountant to give you if you have not got already.

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:38 pm

suvalike wrote:
FKS21177 wrote:Thanks all for help...

They are different things:

One thing you get is as below:

Payment Summary - Monthly Employees
( The Payment Summary data shown below are derived from your Pay Period data )

Other is : Full Payment Submission (FPS)...You can ask your accountant to give you if you have not got already.

thanks for prompt reply and help

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Sorry to be pain but one last question regarding this...

since the start of first job created ( april 2014) I have changed 3 accountants, will my current accountant be able to get FPS for whole period or do i have to get them from all 3 previous accountants?? and is it possible to get back dated FPS i.e april 2014?/

i wish i knew about this so i cud keep everything in my file & thats why i ahd to change accountants they had very less knowledge about Tier 1 rules and requirements.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:57 pm

@zimba1.

"RTI FPS reports for at least 12 months + the FPS report that shows employee starters/leavers information"

I understand FPS as full payment submission:shows all employees paid in particular month: and I believe yes.
2nd question: FPS report that shows employee starters/leaver information:does this mean that each employee will have a separate FPS showing her/his details of payment for that particular month also?

Please explain the second part a bit if possible.

Regrads

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:46 pm

could anyonq be kind enough to explain what FPS and RTi mean please ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:01 pm

n8net wrote:could anyonq be kind enough to explain what FPS and RTi mean please ?
Real-Time FPS report shows payroll information submitted to HMRC usually about all employees over a month (if you pay monthly). This includes any starters/leavers details for that month.
See a sample FPS report here http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:09 pm

@Zimba Thanks a lot for the screenshot

So if someone starts there should be a starter heading(as leaver is in example)

Is this the standard format and should be in every accounting software?

As Starter date is something Home office is definitely interested.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:40 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:@Zimba Thanks a lot for the screenshot

So if someone starts there should be a starter heading(as leaver is in example)

Is this the standard format and should be in every accounting software?

As Starter date is something Home office is definitely interested.
Sadly the sample I showed you is specific to Moneysoft software. There if no standard format. I know that some of the other software do not even produce an FPS reports :? :?

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi experienced members,
please advise about employee related papers, i started employees from feb 2015,
and i am getting following documents from accountant.

RTI/FPS for all employee including start date
payslip included total monthly hours, rate, deductions and net pay
P30, employer's Tax summary
each employee pay history on monthly basis columnwise, included: total hours : rate : net pay : accumulated Pay.

i don't have p45 form

Please advise for extensions everything is ok or need some ?

regards nadeem

robertholdon

Post by robertholdon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 pm

The answer is no. Your current accountant will not be able to get the FPS done by your previous accountants. Unless they transfer all the data transmitted to HMRC provided they also have the same system of doing the FPS or RTI.

HMRC can help you to restore your FPS and Everything if your computer or systems happen to be damaged (Fire, Flood, etc) Otherwise, they would not be able to restore this as data privacy or security.

If you don't get your FPS with your old accountant, then you have to call and ask them and force them with the solicitor to print your FPS.

If your accountant does not back up your FPS or print the confirmation, then you won't get FPS summaries because it is only one time only when you submit the file to HMRC.

Hope it helps.

[quote="FKS21177"]Sorry to be pain but one last question regarding this...

since the start of first job created ( april 2014) I have changed 3 accountants, will my current accountant be able to get FPS for whole period or do i have to get them from all 3 previous accountants?? and is it possible to get back dated FPS i.e april 2014?/

i wish i knew about this so i cud keep everything in my file & thats why i ahd to change accountants they had very less knowledge about Tier 1 rules and requirements.[/quote]

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:29 pm

nadeem75 wrote:Hi experienced members,
please advise about employee related papers, i started employees from feb 2015,
and i am getting following documents from accountant.

RTI/FPS for all employee including start date
payslip included total monthly hours, rate, deductions and net pay
P30, employer's Tax summary
each employee pay history on monthly basis columnwise, included: total hours : rate : net pay : accumulated Pay.

i don't have p45 form

Please advise for extensions everything is ok or need some ?

regards nadeem
You should be fine. P45 is only required if any of your employees left the role within a period you are claiming points for.

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi zimba88.. thanks for continous support..

i been to the old accountant and he said his payroll software does not produce any doc with FPS title and he give me doc with title "EMPLOYER RTI SCHEDULE " this has got the column STARTERS nd LEAVERS and does show the employee start date (MRs ABC started 01-Feb -2014) but this is only one time doc and which shows ABC Ltd 2013-14 its not every month which i thought it should be...

my second accountant also said he has not got any such doc but he can make it manually by putting data from what he already submmited to HMRC coz i told him Home Office is only up to Starter and leaver, he said he will put starter/ leaver dated on that manual docoment and make it for each month

will that be good enough you think ??

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 pm

FKS21177 wrote:Hi zimba88.. thanks for continous support..

i been to the old accountant and he said his payroll software does not produce any doc with FPS title and he give me doc with title "EMPLOYER RTI SCHEDULE " this has got the column STARTERS nd LEAVERS and does show the employee start date (MRs ABC started 01-Feb -2014) but this is only one time doc and which shows ABC Ltd 2013-14 its not every month which i thought it should be...

my second accountant also said he has not got any such doc but he can make it manually by putting data from what he already submmited to HMRC coz i told him Home Office is only up to Starter and leaver, he said he will put starter/ leaver dated on that manual docoment and make it for each month

I am aware that several payroll softwares do not produce RTI reports and HO mostly accepts documents in exactly the format given in the immigration rules. :?
I suggest you to ask your accountant to produce a report manually instead with all the information about staff start/leave dates. Better not risk a refusal for a stupid software limitation or HO inflexibility and ignorance.

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:49 am

zimba88 wrote:
FKS21177 wrote:Hi zimba88.. thanks for continous support..

I am aware that several payroll softwares do not produce RTI reports and HO mostly accepts documents in exactly the format given in the immigration rules. :?
I suggest you to ask your accountant to produce a report manually instead with all the information about staff start/leave dates. Better not risk a refusal for a stupid software limitation or HO inflexibility and ignorance.

Many thanks once again Zimba88.... i totally agree with you and will go to all 3 accountants and make sure they do it manually. if possible pls tell me what exactly HO is upto?? my current accountant is giving me FPS report with a table having below columns:
no of employess
starter
leaver
liability ( if any)

is this what i should ask my previous accountants to make them manually?? from old accountants i got only payslips if possible pls do tell me what exactly i need to get from them. i will be very thankful to you for your help.

if possible & dont mind pls share with me samples on xxxxxxxxxxxxx so i can get exactly i need coz these accountants are blackmailing as well every time i need something they charge although i ve paid them everything wen they were my accountants.

once again many thanks for ur ongoing support

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:02 am

Note Templates may be posted in open forum so all interested members may benefit - that is the point of a public forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

FKS21177 wrote: Many thanks once again Zimba88.... i totally agree with you and will go to all 3 accountants and make sure they do it manually. if possible pls tell me what exactly HO is upto??
if possible & dont mind pls share with me samples .......
Check out this sample produced by one of the payroll softwares: http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:06 am

hopefully it will help you, my accountant using that format for FPS Submission

Full Payment Submission (FPS) 2013-14

Employer Name

PAYE Reference

Employer AO Reference

Employee's Personal Details

Partner Details

Employee's NINO Employee's Name
Employee's Gender Employee's Date of birth Employee's address

Partner's NINO Partner's Name

Employment Details

Employment Start Date Start

Declaration (A, B, C) Student Loan Indicator
Employee Seconded to work in UK

Stay over 6 months

Passport Number

Works/ payroll number 2

Stay less than 6 months

Will work both in and out of UK, but live abroad ?

Payroll ID changed ? Old Payroll ID

If Employee, is a European Economic Area or Commonwealth citizen ?

If Employee is under EPM 6 (modified) scheme ?

Pay and Tax Details
Occupational Pension for bereaved spouse/partner ?

Annual amount of Occupational pension 0.00

State Pension for bereaved spouse/partner ?

Annual amount of State pension 0.00

Casual or Seasonal Employee ? Payment to a Non-Individual ? Occupational Pension ?
Number of earnings periods covered by this payment 1 Employee Leaving Date

Payment after Leaving ?

Hours Worked ( A, B, C, D ) C - 30 hrs or more

Tax Code

Non-Cumulative ? N

On Strike ?
Unpaid Absence ? Aggregated Earnings ?
Taxable Pay TD 0.00

Total Tax TD 0.00

Student Loan TD Pay Frequency Payment Date Week / Month No. Taxable Pay for this period

Payment value with no Tax / NIC 0.00

Deduction from net pay -this period 0.00

Pay after Statutory deductions

Benefit value taxed -this period 0.00

Benefit value taxed TD 0.00 Employee Pension under Net Pay 0.00

Employee Pension under Net Pay TD 0.00

Class 1 NIC Items -this period 0.00

Employee Pension not under Net Pay 0.00

Employee Pension not under Net Pay TD 0.00

Student Loan recovered - this period 0.00

Tax deducted/refunded -this period 0.00

Trivial commutation lump sums (TCLS)
Small pot lump sum payments from personal pension schemes

Small pot lump sum payments from occupational pension schemes

Statutory payments
SSP YTD 0.00 SMP YTD 0.00 OSPP YTD 0.00 SAP YTD 0.00 ASPP YTD 0.00

National Insurance Contributions

(Note: LEL=Lower Earnings Limit, PT=Primary Threshold, UAP = Upper Accrual Point, UEL=Upper Earnings Limit, YTD = Year-to-Date)

NIC table letter Pay subject to NIC-this period
Pay subject to
NIC YTD
At LEL 1
YTD
LEL to PT 1
YTD
PT to UAP 1
YTD
UAP to UEL
1 YTD
Employer