ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremoni and passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bukola1

Ceremoni and passport application

Post by Bukola1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Pls my people I need advice on my ceremony and passport time

I call my cancel as I receive my approval on 10/02/16 and approv on 5/02/16
My cancel finally talk to me that my appointment was book for 23/03/16 and am travel on
29/04/16 I just want to know is he possible to get my passport before that date
And how long is it take to book passport interview pls as I already pay for ticket I still
Have my passport with me I can go without British passport as I have permanent resident on passport pls any one in this shoe can let me know pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremoni and passport application

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:27 pm

You can book a private ceremony sooner if they have availability and you are prepared to pay extra. See if your council has earlier slots privately.

You have almost a month between ceremony and travel. You might get British passport in time you might not as it is over the Easter period and when HMPO start getting busy for the summer holidays.

Do you have PR sticker in your foreign passport? If so, you should be fine to travel on that. What is your nationality?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks am a Nigeria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Do you have PR under the EEA route and stuck in your passport or ILR in your passport (i.e. not a BRP Card).

If so, you should be fine to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Can it be a problem if its on an A4 paper(immigration status)???

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:47 pm

behold2014 wrote:Can it be a problem if its on an A4 paper(immigration status)???
An "A4" paper? I am not sure I follow, but here goes.

You are not a citizen until you have attended the ceremony, so if you wish to travel before attending ceremony, then you need to show original ILR visa on your way back. And if you want to travel after ceremony then new rules dictate you need to send your ILR card back within 5 days of attending ceremony, or face a £1000 fine, please click here for more information on that warning. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:53 pm

behold2014 wrote:Can it be a problem if its on an A4 paper(immigration status)???
Please don't post your questions tagged onto other members topics. It creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)