ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

solaced: FLR FP 7 years child concession

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

solaced

solaced: FLR FP 7 years child concession

Post by solaced » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 am

Dear members please help me!!!
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea.
which one to choose?

After Entrprnr visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted from UTT, I need to apply within 28 days on flr FP 7 years child concession. But there is still a gap of 21 days for my children to clock 7 years.
Now, I AM IN BETWEEN 2 WORST SITUATIONS !

1-- IF WE APLY WITHIN 28 DAYS to avoid being overstayed, my children do not complete their 7 years (21 days short). The HO would straightaway refuse saying, "7 years period was not completed", and courts would more likely follow the HO decision.

2-- IF WE BECOME OVERSTAYERS FOR 21 DAYS to complete our children's 7 years. The HO can refuse straightaway saying, " applicants were overstayers etc". And all my previous lawful residence will break also. (I don't know if it's broken already or not).

Please advise from your experience which odd should I pick up and why not the other one.
Many thanks!!!

solaced

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by solaced » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Any help ?

solaced

Post by solaced » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 am

solaced wrote:Dear members please help me!!!
which one to choose?

After Entrprnr visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted from UTT, I need to apply within 28 days on flr FP 7 years child concession. But there is still a gap of 21 days for my children to clock 7 years.

1-- IF WE APLY WITHIN 28 DAYS to avoid being overstayed, my children do not complete their 7 years (21 days short). The HO would straightaway refuse saying, "7 years period was not completed", and courts would more likely follow the HO decision.

2-- IF WE BECOME OVERSTAYERS FOR 21 DAYS to complete our children's 7 years. The HO can refuse straightaway saying, " applicants were overstayers etc". And all my previous lawful residence will break also. (I don't know if it's broken already or not).

Please advise from your experience which odd should I pick up and why not the other one.
Many thanks!!!
Any help please !!!

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:16 am

kunfayakun wrote:
solaced wrote:Dear moderators and members !
I need your guidance and help please.
After refusal to permission to appeal in Upper tribunal and all appeal rights exhausted, now i am applying on 7 years child concession basis and if, unluckily, refused again, would I be given appeal right under human rights or only AR option ?
Thanks
Yeah probably you will get the appeal right but you need to prove why it's unreasonable to expect the children to leave the uk and the strong ties between the UK and children.
Hi dear SOLACED, I agreed with KUNFAYAKUN & if you know that presently, Regarding appeal rights of the Immigration Act 2014 (“2014 Act”), the Government has already declared that it has reduced the number of appeal rights from 17 to just Three.
Now there is only going to be a right of appeal against a decision of the Home Office to refuse;
1. A protection, or
2. Human rights claim, or
3. Against a decision of the Home Office to revoke a protection status.
Every other immigration decision made by the Home Office will not attract a right of appeal, with the remedy in those circumstances being Administrative Review and/or judicial review.
As variation decisions are concerned, s.3C of the Immigration Act 1971 will only keep recipients of such decisions lawfully in the UK while they could seek, or are seeking, an Administrative Review.
Again @SOLACED, If you could see in my case of FLR-FP under 7 years child concession policy, we were given in country right of appeal on the basis of Human Rights Claim. So, Best of Luck! Cheers @Ojliaa

solaced

Post by solaced » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Many thanks Ojliaa!
Could you also give your opinion regarding my two worst situations i am engulfed. Which odd is better to pick? Thanks

solaced

Post by solaced » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Grecia01 wrote:
trudyann wrote:I was granted based on my daughter yesterday. Thank God. but they did not return my passport and marriage licence i will contact my MP they always listen to her.
congrats on your success. Were you not required to send them further documents? In my own case they requested further documentation and haven't heard from HO since sending first week of January
Hi Grecian! Was there any overstayed period in your case? Did you apply after your child's 7 years completion or earlier?

I am applying 22 days earlier than my children clock 7 years to avoid being overstayed. Don't know, which odd to pick. Either go overstayer to complete 7 years or apply earlier bear the consequences of straightaway refusal/ disqualify/ certify. Don't know. Any advice please?

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 pm

@solaced

I am applying 22 days earlier than my children clock 7 years to avoid being overstayed. Don't know, which odd to pick. Either go overstayer to complete 7 years or apply earlier bear the consequences of straightaway refusal/ disqualify/ certify. Don't know. Any advice please?[/quote]
I think the rule is as it is, your child must clock the 7 years before you apply. The only clear option now is to wait the 22 days and apply. With God all things are possible. There have been cases of people that scaled through even after period of overstay. Wish you the best !

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Babui » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi solace as I am not an expert about immigration all I can advice through my own experience what ever application you made it will take at least 1 month to strat processing
Like validity check and fee procecing also biometric issue so don't worry about 22 days just apply coz when the file go to case worker then you 7 years already start and the day count case worker take decision but right now it's very hard to get decision on favour under child 7 years route unless there are some compassionate grounds, every case belongs it own merits so best of luck
which one to choose?

Many thanks!!!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Babui wrote:Hi solace as I am not an expert about immigration all I can advice through my own experience what ever application you made it will take at least 1 month to strat processing
Like validity check and fee procecing also biometric issue so don't worry about 22 days just apply coz when the file go to case worker then you 7 years already start and the day count case worker take decision but right now it's very hard to get decision on favour under child 7 years route unless there are some compassionate grounds, every case belongs it own merits so best of luck
which one to choose?

Many thanks!!!
@Babui

I think its not the case because HO always consider the date of application. One of my friend was in same position but his son was very close to 7 years (1 week short). As his visa was expiring he applied 1 week before his child turned to 7.

Ho refused their application saying child was not 7 on the date of application. it happened in 2014. when u get appeal right if y apply before expiring of the visa.

Now a days HO give u appeal right if they not certify your claim. means your case has some merit.

@solaced

My advise to u is apply after your child turn 7 years based on my friend experience. u will get appeal right as u have a case ( child is 7 ).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Babui wrote:Hi solace as I am not an expert about immigration all I can advice through my own experience what ever application you made it will take at least 1 month to strat processing
which one to choose?

Many thanks!!!
@Babui

I think its not the case because HO always consider the date of application. One of my friend was in same position but his son was very close to 7 years (1 week short). As his visa was expiring he applied 1 week before his child turned to 7.

Ho refused their application saying child was not 7 on the date of application. it happened in 2014. when u get appeal right if y apply before expiring of the visa.

Now a days HO give u appeal right if they not certify your claim. means your case has some merit.

@solaced

My advise to u is apply after your child turn 7 years based on my friend experience. u will get appeal right as u have a case ( child is 7 ).

Alternative for you,if you have money,apply now before your leave expire then withdrew the application and reapply same day as soon as your child turn 7,

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 am

Zee ali wrote:
which one to choose?

Many thanks!!!
@Babui

@solaced

@SOLACED (Finally You Have to Decide by your own personal Circumstances)
7 Year Rule and Children of Irregular Migrants:
First of all, I would go with ZEE ALI's comments that let complete 7 years to avoid being certified and then claim for human rights so that at least you can get appeal right. But on the other hand, bear in mind that you may lose your WORK RIGHT if you become overstayer so I would strongly go with BABUI's advice that don't become overstayer and should apply before your current visa expiring. I have a friend who applied before visa expiry in 2014 with 3days shorter in 7 years clock and got appeal right as well (still waiting for decision from Upper Tribunal & near to complete 10Years legal residency)
No doubt, there is an exception in force from the 9th July 2012; If you are an overstayer/irregular migrant or on temporary admission, with an irregular migrant child, who is under the age of 18 and has lived in the UK for 7 years, that child and prospectively, the child's parent(s) may regularize their immigration status in the UK but WORK RIGHT on the discretion of Home Office.
So technically, you may apply for Parent of a Child Visa under 7 years child concession policy, even if you've OVERSTAYED or don't meet financial or language requirements but please bear in mind about WORK RIGHT.
And generally, where an overstayer has established a private and/or family life in the UK and has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who;
➡is under the age of 18 years and is in the UK and is a British Citizen or
➡HAS LIVED IN THE UK CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST THE 7 YEARS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF APPLICATION; and
➡it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK;
MAY SEEK TO REGULARISE THEIR LEGAL STATUS under Article 8 ECHR 1998 of the Human Rights Act 1998. Bear in mind, this Article 8 is not restricted to children who have been in the UK for 7 years.
So again technically, where there are minor dependent children in the family who have been living in the UK continuously for 7 or more years and in most cases, the ties established by children over this period will outweigh other considerations and it is right and fair that the family should be allowed to stay here.
Therefore, for people who are in the UK who have overstayed their visas and have formed a relationship with a British citizen or somebody who has a permanent legal status and even perhaps had children with them, such persons have ultimately established, what can be argued a family life in the UK and such persons can make an application to regularise their legal status in the UK.

Lastly, please read the general immigration rules of Eligibility that;
You may also qualify for the visa if you and your child are in UK and your child has lived here for 7 years;

Family life as a parent (10-year route);
1.You can also apply in this route if the child has lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years.
2.You must meet the eligibility requirements for the parent routes.
3.You must also prove that it wouldn’t be in the child’s best interests to leave the UK with you.

Private life in the UK (10-year route);
You must be able to prove that you’re:
1.Between 18 and 24 and you’ve lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life
2.25 or over and you’ve been in the UK continuously for 20 years
3.18 or over and you’ve spent less than 20 years in the UK, but you’d find it hard to live in another country, e.g. because you have no friends or relationships there
4under 18 and you’ve lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years, and it would be unreasonable to expect you to leave the UK.

You can still apply to switch into this category under paragraph EX1 of the Immigration Rules if you don't have a valid visa in the UK, or have overstayed for more than 28 days or are here on temporary admission or release.You will however need to show that:
(i) you have a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who:
(aa) is under the age of 18 years, or was under the age of 18 years when you were first granted leave as a parent under EX1;
(bb) is in the UK;
(cc) is a British Citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years; and
(ii) it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK.
You will not need to meet the English language and financial requirements if EX1 applies.
If however you applied under the EX1 exception, you will need to extend your 30 month visa until you have completed 10 years in the UK as a parent of a child in the UK. You will be subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds unless the Home Office deems such recourse to be appropriate.

Hopefully, you will find your answer here but please always bear in mind to seek legal advice from professional and experienced Solicitors/Barristers.
Thanks to all for replying on this post.
My all Sympathies are with you. Best of Luck!
Cheers @Ojliaa

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:08 am

@Ojliaa u said that
But on the other hand, bear in mind that you may lose your WORK RIGHT if you become overstayer so I would strongly go with BABUI's advice that don't become overstayer and should apply before your current visa expiring.

Solaced current circumstances is this

After Entrprnr visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted from UTT, I need to apply within 28 days on flr FP 7 years child concession

So he already has no right to work as Section 3c ends. All he has now 28 days to apply flr fp but child is turning 7 years after these 28 days (21 days top of 28 days).
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:33 am

Zee ali wrote:@Ojliaa u said that
But on the other hand, bear in mind that you may lose your WORK RIGHT if you become overstayer so I would strongly go with BABUI's advice that don't become overstayer and should apply before your current visa expiring.

Solaced current circumstances is this

After Entrprnr visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted from UTT, I need to apply within 28 days on flr FP 7 years child concession

So he already has no right to work as Section 3c ends. All he has now 28 days to apply flr fp but child is turning 7 years after these 28 days (21 days top of 28 days).
@SOLACED
Apologising for inconvenience that I couldn't get through all the scenario. And, Bundle of Thanks Dear ZEE ALI to make me correct. So if Section 3c is not existing any more then definitely SOLACED must follow your precious advice to wait till 7 years clock and I recommend too for the same. Thanks again for prompt reply. Stay Blessed & all the best of luck! Cheers @Ojliaa

solaced

Post by solaced » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 am

Respected Zee Ali, Ojliaa, Babui, Danial97 !
Many many thanks for your precious pieces of advice.
Could you also clarify one point please?
If i overstay for 21 days, would my 7 & half year legal stay here discontinue?
If we get visa on flr fp basis, would i not be able to apply for ilr after 2 & half years, clocking 10 years ?
Would i be put on 10 years route to extend my stay 4 times to complete further 10 years ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 am

solaced wrote:Respected Zee Ali, Ojliaa, Babui, Danial97 !
If we get visa on flr fp basis, would i not be able to apply for ilr after 2 & half years, clocking 10 years ?
Would i be put on 10 years route to extend my stay 4 times to complete further 10 years ?
1. Yes

2.If u overstay more than 28 days than 10 years continuity will break. Now question is when u gonna apply for flr fp? if more than 28 days then continuity will break. if within 28 days and u get the visa (chances r very slim) than u can apply ILR after 2.5 years.

3.yes.

I think at the moment your focus should be legalized your stay. 7 years mean 7 years not even 1 day short of 7 years. My friend case which i mentioned previously his child was short of 1 week and HO and ftt refused him and he was in UT. I dont have contact with him so dont know what happened to his case. But HO people r very strict these days. In court HO focus was child was not 7 at date of application and ftt judge agreed.

Even though 7 years is not the only criteria u have to meet but also need to prove why it is unreasonable for child to go back? This is a gray area where u can win the case in court if u have good barrister to fight your case. But child must complete 7 years residence in UK.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:57 pm

@Solaced

I will advise you don’t break your lawful residence, and just apply before your visa expired. Worst, they will refuse you and there has to be another reason for refusing you, because by the time they will deal with your application your kids would have been here for 7 years. Beside it’s not guaranteed that you will get the visa anyway whether you apply within or outside visa, so why not just apply within visa so that you don’t lose on both sides.

I have seen people who applied before they clock 7 years and at the appeal, the judge allowed the appeal on the basis that they’ve clocked 7 years at the time of decision. What would they have expected you to do? Break the law and overstay, you’re not breaking the law if you apply before your visa expired but you will be breaking the law if you overstayed your visa. The decision is yours, just my advice.

solaced wrote:Respected Zee Ali, Ojliaa, Babui, Danial97 !

ojliaa
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ojliaa » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

@SOLACED
Again, I would like to recommend you that please always bear in mind to seek advice from law professionals to minimize (avoid) the risks of immigration rules and complications of laws in the near future. And advise you again to keep both options (Long Residence Continuity & 7 years child policy) in your hand by applying within 28 days after Entrepreneur visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted. And then finally after seeking advice from experienced solicitor/barrister, you must have to decide the best option by your own personal circumstances. I also would like to summarize all the answers regarding your query from different board members at one place here as following below:-

@SOLACED >>> Questions
by solaced » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 am
Dear members please help me!!! I am between the devil and the deep blue sea. which one to choose? After Entrepreneur visa refused and all appeal rights exhausted from UTT, I need to apply within 28 days on FLR FP 7 years child concession. But there is still a gap of 21 days for my children to clock 7 years.
Now, I AM IN BETWEEN 2 WORST SITUATIONS!
1-- IF WE APPLY WITHIN 28 DAYS to avoid being overstayed, my children do not complete their 7 years (21 days short). The HO would straightaway refuse saying, "7 years period was not completed", and courts would more likely follow the HO decision.

2-- IF WE BECOME OVER STAYERS FOR 21 DAYS to complete our children's 7 years. The HO can refuse straightaway saying, " applicants were over stayers etc". And all my previous lawful residence will break also. (I don't know if it's broken already or not).

by solaced » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 pm
I am applying 22 days earlier than my children clock 7 years to avoid being overstayed. Don't know, which odd to pick. Either go over stayer to complete 7 years or apply earlier bear the consequences of straightaway refusal/ disqualify/ certify. Don't know. Any advice please?

ANSWERS from different members of this board with different opinions of experiences:

@SOLACED #1. by Grecia01 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 pm
I think the rule is as it is, your child must clock the 7 years before you apply. The only clear option now is to wait the 22 days and apply.

@SOLACED #2. by Babui » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 pm
all I can advice through my own experience what ever application you made it will take at least 1 month to start processing Like validity check and fee processing also bio-metric issue so don't worry about 22 days just apply coz when the file go to case worker then you 7 years already start and the day count case worker take decision.

@SOLACED #3. by Zee ali » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm

@SOLACED #4. by Daniel97 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:54 pm
Alternative for you, if you have money, apply now before your leave expire then withdrew the application and reapply same day as soon as your child turn 7.

@SOLACED #5. by ojliaa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 am
First of all, I would go with ZEE ALI's comments that let complete 7 years to avoid being certified and then claim for human rights. But on the other hand, I would strongly go with BABUI's advice that don't become over stayer and should apply before your current visa expiring.

@SOLACED #6. by priscaltony » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:57 pm
I will advise you don’t break your lawful residence, and just apply before your visa expired.
you’re not breaking the law if you apply before your visa expired but you will be breaking the law if you overstayed your visa. The decision is yours, just my advice. so why not just apply within visa so that you don’t lose on both sides.

Cheers&Best Regards @Ojliaa

noajthan

Re: solaced: FLR FP 7 years child concession

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Note this question moved to its own thread to avoid jumbling & confusion with timeline thread.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

solaced

English test (A1 or B1) without having Passport

Post by solaced » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Dear All,
My passport is held by the HO for 2 years after refusal and has now been expired. Is there any chance that i get my passport renewed from Pakistan High Commission. Can they issue a new/renewed passport without asking for the old one?
Can anyone, went through the same situation and succeeded recently, can help please?