ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship of Spouse (3 or 5 year rule)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

R.M.
Newly Registered

British Citizenship of Spouse (3 or 5 year rule)

Post by R.M. » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am

Dear Forum members,

Need your advice on the British spouse applying under 5 year residency requirement (not 3 years).

I'm a British Citizen, and my spouse currently holds an Indian Passport. She is living in the UK since 2010 (Tier 1 dependent initially) and has obtained settled status (ILR) since Jan 2013.

Question: Can my spouse apply under the 5 year residency rule as she has been in the UK since 2010 and on the settled status for over 3 years?

She was not in the UK 3 years before the date of application, which is required for applying for naturalisation as a spouse of British Citizen. Therefore, wanted to understand if she can apply under 5 year rule, as she was in the UK 5 years before the application date.

Thanks in advance for your help
RM

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship of Spouse (3 or 5 year rule)

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 am

Post moved to own thread to avoid confusion & jumbling with previous posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.