ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

imm health surcharge partially refund

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yyyekj
Newly Registered

imm health surcharge partially refund

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:49 pm

just received 400GBP of imm health surcharge refunded yesterday for myself and one dependent for my Tier 1( E) extension. Does it mean our visa applications have been granted or still on consideration with HO? Anyone has such experience?

zimba
Mood:

Re: imm health surcharge partially refund

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:55 pm

yyyekj wrote:just received 400GBP of imm health surcharge refunded yesterday for myself and one dependent for my Tier 1( E) extension. Does it mean our visa applications have been granted or still on consideration with HO? Anyone has such experience?
I have seen both cases here in the forum, refusals as well as grants after a partial refund.
There is no way to confidentiality say what is happening but my guess is that your application is being processed and you should probably hear from them soon.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yyyekj
Newly Registered

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:12 pm

zimba88 wrote:
yyyekj wrote:just received 400GBP of imm health surcharge refunded yesterday for myself and one dependent for my Tier 1( E) extension. Does it mean our visa applications have been granted or still on consideration with HO? Anyone has such experience?
I have seen both cases here in the forum, refusals as well as grants after a partial refund.
There is no way to confidentiality say what is happening but my guess is that your application is being processed and you should probably hear from them soon.

I have checked the HO website, it is clearly saying:
"5. Refunds
You don’t need to do anything to get an IHS refund - it’s automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.
You’ll get a full IHS refund if:
you paid twice
your visa application is refused
you withdraw your visa application

You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful but:
you get less time on your visa than you asked for
any dependants on your visa application are refused
You won’t get a refund if your visa application’s successful but you don’t come to the UK or you leave before your visa ends."

I hope I can laugh if I only read the above. But I really can't, after hearing so many extraordinary cases, just hope HO is making a right decision this time...

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 pm

yyyekj wrote:
"5. Refunds
You don’t need to do anything to get an IHS refund - it’s automatically paid to the account or card you paid with.
you paid twice

You won’t get a refund if your visa application’s successful but you don’t come to the UK or you leave before your visa ends."

I hope I can laugh if I only read the above. But I really can't, after hearing so many extraordinary cases, just hope HO is making a right decision this time...

Tier1 extension is for 2 years. So the total amount should be £400 for the applicant and £400 for the dependent. But when you pay IHS surcharge you only have the option of £600. So if you have paid £1200 in total, I am guessing they have refunded extra £400 you paid for both of you.

yyyekj
Newly Registered

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Humv wrote:
yyyekj wrote:
"5. Refunds
you paid twice

Tier1 extension is for 2 years. So the total amount should be £400 for the applicant and £400 for the dependent. But when you pay IHS surcharge you only have the option of £600. So if you have paid £1200 in total, I am guessing they have refunded extra £400 you paid for both of you.
Yes, you're right. But that was not my question that why HO refunded money to me.My question is what does this refund mean, does it mean my visa is granted or still waiting for consideration...I just hope it is just like what HO states in their website: "You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful..."

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 pm

when did you apply?
have you done biomatrics?

yyyekj
Newly Registered

Post by yyyekj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:15 pm

kayani2012 wrote:when did you apply?
have you done biomatrics?
submitted the application on 1 Feb; did the biomatrics on 23 Feb; IHS partially refunded on 1 March.

robertholdon

Post by robertholdon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Dear yyek,

Have you got your outcome?

Thank you

abid100
Newly Registered

Post by abid100 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi any one here can tell me if after IHS partial refund anyone is granted or refused Tier 1 Entreprenur Visas

home
Newly Registered

Post by home » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

still waiting after getting a refund..
abid100 wrote:Hi any one here can tell me if after IHS partial refund anyone is granted or refused Tier 1 Entreprenur Visas

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Yes, you're right. But that was not my question that why HO refunded money to me.My question is what does this refund mean, does it mean my visa is granted or still waiting for consideration...I just hope it is just like what HO states in their website: "You’ll get a partial IHS refund if your visa application’s successful..."[/quote]
High probability that your case ended with happy endings, share us your good news soon.

Hasslefree
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hasslefree » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 am

Hi

After 8 months of filing tier1 entrepreneur extention, I got partial refund of 200 pounds per applicant on 23 march 2018. But am waiting further info. I think partial refund only means that the case worker has checked all documents and found them correct. Now its upto the compliance officer to make the final decision of either approving it or take a decision of further scrutiny. So people may find themselves either called for interviews or receiving approval letters straight in post.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:30 am

Do not bump old posts :!:
IHS refunds means nothing. You must wait to hear back from UKVI via post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice