ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer liability insurance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FKS21177

Employer liability insurance

Post by FKS21177 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:45 am

Hi All

Can anyone please help, my first emplyee started with us in April 2014 but i did not have liability insurance until march 2015 coz i did not know its mandatory, so i did insurance in march 2015 and now i am about to renew in march 2016.

My question is shall i send last both years or just the current ine which starts march 2016. If i send both ones i just thought HO might raise issue why i dis not have had insurance b/w april 2014 and march 205 while i had employee??

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employer liability insurance

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:26 pm

FKS21177 wrote:Hi All

Can anyone please help, my first emplyee started with us in April 2014 but i did not have liability insurance until march 2015 coz i did not know its mandatory, so i did insurance in march 2015 and now i am about to renew in march 2016.

My question is shall i send last both years or just the current ine which starts march 2016. If i send both ones i just thought HO might raise issue why i dis not have had insurance b/w april 2014 and march 205 while i had employee??

Thanks in advance
There is no such requirement to send insurance certificates for your visa extension.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks zimba for your help

business genius

Post by business genius » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:52 pm

There is requirement to send insurance so better send last year insurance of employer liability,public liability or PII.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Dear,
Can you choose basic employer liability insurence. As it has a lot of options to choose like covering office premises, covering lost or theft etc. How about selecting basic one which covers public liabilty and employer liability only. Has anyone gone with HISCOX insurence company?

Thanks

FKS21177 wrote:Hi All

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 pm

business genius wrote:There is requirement to send insurance so better send last year insurance of employer liability,public liability or PII.
There is no such requirement. Please do not make rules which are not there. :?
When you make such claims, you need to back them up and cite the exact immigration rules from Appendix A where it says such document is required to be sent . If home office needs more documents regarding your application or genuine test, they will contact you for them.
There is enough confusion on Tier 1E documents already but the documents required must be strictly based on Appendix A.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

business genius

Post by business genius » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:55 pm

It was mentioned at genuine entrepreneur test to check the insurance or accreditation plus it is written that decision would be made on the basis of provided documents.
So on the basis of this information I am of the opinion to send insurance policy too.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 am

business genius wrote:It was mentioned at genuine entrepreneur test to check the insurance or accreditation plus it is written that decision would be made on the basis of provided documents.
So on the basis of this information I am of the opinion to send insurance policy too.
Insurance docs are not required.
They may ask for it if they think your application is not genuine.
Please read the guidance.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:03 pm

business genius wrote:There is requirement to send insurance so better send last year insurance of employer liability,public liability or PII.
Thanks to enlighten. Now please can you tell us the source of this valuable advice?? :D :D
where there's a will there's a way