ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP Process After Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kahaaf
Newly Registered

JCAP Process After Ceremony

Post by kahaaf » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi Gurus/ Memebers,

Any of member received Passport? who applied with Naturalization + Passport same time - (JCAP),

I had attened the ceremony and received certificate waiting for passport to arrive

When i called HMPO office and enquired about the passport they informed that i need to attend the interview once i received letter ,

i clearly mentioned that i had applied naturalizationa and passport at same time with NCS -JCAP.
i got another information that, passport process will take approx. 20 working days. This looks like regular way of applying passport.

I am confused with JCAP process, dont understand the advantage of applying naturalization and passport at same time (JCAP)

Gurus / Memebers who applied JCAP can share their experience

Regards,
Kahaaf

secret.simon

Re: JCAP Process After Ceremony

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:38 pm

I have not undergone the JCAP process and won't comment on that.

But the passport interview is something that all first-time applicants for passports go through. Even people who are born British must attend the interview. It is not a migrant-only requirement. Unsurprisingly, the other forums where the passport interviews are discussed are university/student forums, such as The Student Room.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 pm

My understanding is that if applying through NCS -JCAP, then the interview isn't required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:59 pm

kahaaf wrote:i got another information that, passport process will take approx. 20 working days. This looks like regular way of applying passport.

I am confused with JCAP process, dont understand the advantage of applying naturalization and passport at same time (JCAP)
I do not know the internal workings of the Home Office and this is just my educated guess and opinion.

The only difference between a JCAP and a naturalisation and passport done separately is that you need to fill in an extra form.

Logically, the passport team won't get the goahead to start work on a passport application in a JCAP until the applicant has completed the ceremony. Only at that time does he become eligible for his passport and only at that time can the passport team start processing his application.

The passport process (from the viewpoint of the Home Office) is unchanged and is done on the basis of a combined form rather than two forms, but it is essentially the same process and only starts whenthe ceremony is completed.

The combining of the two processes is for the convenience of the Home Office (one consolidated form rather than two) and not for that of the applicant.

This is just an educated guess and I could be wrong.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ups

Post by ups » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:34 pm

I can confirm that you don't need to do anything after attending the ceremony. I didn't have to attend any interview even though when I called HMPO they said I would get a letter for an interview. I don't think they are aware of the JCAP process so they just give out general advice. For me, the passport arrived just under 2 weeks after the ceremony.

My experience matched what the council said this during the application process. They said that the day after the ceremony they notify the Home Office that you've attended the ceremony and then the passport is sent for printing.

kahaaf
Newly Registered

Post by kahaaf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks UPS,

Good that you confirmed me, i was supposed to send the ceremony letter, i spoke to HMPO Office couple of times and today (14/03/2016) also they requested to send the Cremony letter today.
Thanks for your reply. it was almost 2 weeks, i did received my ceremony letter on 2nd March, i will wait for another 3 more days, else i will give call to HMPO and NCS

Regards,
Kahaaf

kahaaf
Newly Registered

Post by kahaaf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi UPS,

Can you please confirm that, did you sent your citizenship approval letter to HMPO?

Regards,
Kahaaf

ups

Post by ups » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:39 pm

kahaaf wrote:Hi UPS,

Can you please confirm that, did you sent your citizenship approval letter to HMPO?

Regards,
Kahaaf
No, as I mentioned I didn't do anything after the ceremony except for calling HMPO to ask about the passport but they told me to wait for a letter to attend an interview. Instead I got a text after a few days that the passport has been dispatched, and in another 3-4 days it was delivered.

NAP
Newly Registered

JCAP Process Passport Delay After Ceremony

Post by NAP » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi, does anyone out there have any experience of their JCAP application running into problems?

We (wife and I) had a successful naturalisation application, and the HMPO is supposed to dispatch passport within 20 working days. It never turned up and when we tracked the application the passport office says that the status is still showing that we need to attend the ceremony.

They advised to contact UKVI, but when I did they seem to think it has nothing to do with them. They advised me to contact the Local Authority where we submitted the JCAP application. This seemed absurd to me because they obviously did their part successfully or we would not have got the naturalisation. Called them anyway and they confirmed that it was nothing to do with them, and advised contacting the Local Authority where we attended our citizenship ceremony and received certificates (a different one). This seemed much more sensible.

After contacting the Local Authority where we had our ceremony, they reconfirmed that the UKVI had been notified on the day of the ceremony, and then followed up with them again to check that the status was indeed up to date on their systems.

Then we went back to the passport office and they are still insisting that the status is not updated. Now we have been going round in circles long enough we will probably miss out on the summer holiday we have booked. I don't know what more I can do because they all seem to be saying the issue is with the other department.

We would love to hear from anyone that has experienced a similar issue with JCAP application, especially how you managed to resolve it.

zidane

Post by zidane » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Casa wrote:My understanding is that if applying through NCS -JCAP, then the interview isn't required.

true. My friend applied at the ncs and they said the reason for the JCAP programme to be introduced is the added authority of the ncs centres to apply passports at the same time and eliminate any need for interview which was the case in the past. so the advise given to you by home-office over the phone is outdated. you shall receive your passport soon

NAP
Newly Registered

Re: JCAP Process Passport Delay After Ceremony

Post by NAP » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 pm

NAP wrote:Hi, does anyone out there have any experience of their JCAP application running into problems?

We (wife and I) had a successful naturalisation application, and the HMPO is supposed to dispatch passport within 20 working days. It never turned up and when we tracked the application the passport office says that the status is still showing that we need to attend the ceremony.

They advised to contact UKVI, but when I did they seem to think it has nothing to do with them. They advised me to contact the Local Authority where we submitted the JCAP application. This seemed absurd to me because they obviously did their part successfully or we would not have got the naturalisation. Called them anyway and they confirmed that it was nothing to do with them, and advised contacting the Local Authority where we attended our citizenship ceremony and received certificates (a different one). This seemed much more sensible.

After contacting the Local Authority where we had our ceremony, they reconfirmed that the UKVI had been notified on the day of the ceremony, and then followed up with them again to check that the status was indeed up to date on their systems.

Then we went back to the passport office and they are still insisting that the status is not updated. Now we have been going round in circles long enough we will probably miss out on the summer holiday we have booked. I don't know what more I can do because they all seem to be saying the issue is with the other department.

We would love to hear from anyone that has experienced a similar issue with JCAP application, especially how you managed to resolve it.
Anyone that is having this problem, we now solved the issue. I posted in the following thread about it:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1381583

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Thsnks for the update
I also resolved mine by sending an email to ukvi in which the case worker emailed me to confirm that hmpo was notified
I received my passport yesterday
Thanks again for sharing

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi,

I am on the same boat,
can you provide the email address
ukvi
which solved the issue
and i will do the same
thanks

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 am

Hi,

you can send email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Regards
Syed

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 am

Hi,

Thanks, i did email them, when do you think, they will reply approximately

will an email sort this issue or do you want me to send any kind of written letter

it has been exactly 2 weeks today since the ceremony and no information is passed on to HMPO passport office.

Thanks anyways

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi All,

I am the very same boat I have also attended my Citizenship ceremony last week and I am also still waiting for my passport to come through contacted the council office and they are saying that it can take up to 4 weeks did asked them explicitly that do I have to book an interview with the HMPO ? or do I have to inform them like the other members have mentioned in this thread earlier I got the same answer that I don't have to do anything now.

So lets wait and see that's all I can say.

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for their passport after attending the ceremony.

Please keep us updated on the forum once you receive your passport.

Many thanks for sharing your experience on the forum its very useful as always.

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks Guys
i emailed to the email address provided
got an email from home office
saying there systems have been updated and also informed passport office

rang passport office, they also said they got confirmation and passport has been sent to printing

today morning got message on my mobile from HMPO PASSPORT OFFICE
stating, you will recieve your new passport in next few working days

thanks everyone

that email works
have a good day

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:46 am

thanks guys got the passport delivered today
that email works
problem sorted

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi, Just wondering if everyone needs to do this now after the ceremony? or was this just a glitch for a few applicants
SKJMR wrote:Thanks Guys
i emailed to the email address provided
got an email from home office
saying there systems have been updated and also informed passport office

rang passport office, they also said they got confirmation and passport has been sent to printing

today morning got message on my mobile from HMPO PASSPORT OFFICE
stating, you will recieve your new passport in next few working days

thanks everyone

that email works
have a good day

lavicaria
Newly Registered

Post by lavicaria » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 am

Hi. Has anyone get any experience of this issue and how to resolve? Attended the ceremony 3.5 weeks ago and have the naturalisation cert. Most people seem to then get a passport text and the passport fairly quickly. Called HMPO several times, they have said either in progress, waiting to be examined or waiting for HO to inform them of attendance at the ceremony. Called HO, they say they cannot confirm attendance at ceremony one way or the other or having informed UKVI.

Emailed citizenship.support as others have done but no reply after 9 days. Now going to e-mail furthernationalityenquiries in case they can help. It's not clear whether HO push this info to HMPO, or HMPO pull it from the HO. Local council have confirmed they notified HP of attendance, but who knows how their systems update.

HMPO say call back later, but it is clear that the passport will not arrive within the 20 working days indicated on thejoint passport and citizenship application receipt. Just trying to get it unstuck.

Any advice welcome!

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi there,

I attended my ceremony on the 8th June, and during the ceremony I was informed the we would receive our passports in the next 6-12 weeks (The people who had applied for it already using JCAP). I just received a text now from HMPO to say I had to sign the passport as soon as I get it, I don't know if it means it's on the way but I guess so.

lavicaria
Newly Registered

Post by lavicaria » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm

All sorted, now have passport. The issue and resolution is along the lines outlined by others. It seems from the citizenship timelines that normally, after the ceremony, passports are sent within a week, even though the joint citizenship+passport form we got said 20 working days. We called both HMPO and HO, but the info wasn't fully clear. In the end, we had to send a couple of emails to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and eventually someone replied saying that they had updated the HO system to indicate attendance at the ceremony. Once that happened, HMPO automatically printed and sent the passport in a few days. Seems sometimes that even if the local council lets the HO know, something needs to happen at the HO for this status to reflect in a way that the HMPO can see it.

If it has reached, or exceeded, 20 working days, and you have hear nothing, then you may consider 1. confirming your council have informed the HO regarding citizenship ceremony attendance, and if yes, then 2. emailing the address above and asking the HO to update.

Once HMPO can see the status updated (a few days) then a few days after you should get a text, and then a few days later the passport. To be clear, I don't think an interview is normally required for joint applications.