ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did I sign the form before 5 year period

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KA941

Did I sign the form before 5 year period

Post by KA941 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi All,
My wife applied for naturalisation on 7th march after completing the 5 year residence requirement on 6th March but she signed and dated the form on 29.02.16 I.e. Before the 5 year period.
Do you think this could be a problem? Only asking as someone was returned the form to sign and re-date recently

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1319732

"Date original documents returned: 06/02/2016 (in next day delivery envelope I enclosed with my application for returning of my original supporting documents) with letter dated 04/02/2016 requesting me to re-sign and re-date the last page of my application form saying that I did not met the requirement of 5 years from date of application with 4 days which I TOTALLY do not understand as I have been living in UK for the past 8 years"

Thanks
KA941

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: Did I sign the form before 5 year period

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 pm

KA941 wrote:Hi All,
My wife applied for naturalisation on 7th march after completing the 5 year residence requirement on 6th March but she signed and dated the form on 29.02.16 I.e. Before the 5 year period.
Do you think this could be a problem? Only asking as someone was returned the form to sign and re-date recently

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1319732

"Date original documents returned: 06/02/2016 (in next day delivery envelope I enclosed with my application for returning of my original supporting documents) with letter dated 04/02/2016 requesting me to re-sign and re-date the last page of my application form saying that I did not met the requirement of 5 years from date of application with 4 days which I TOTALLY do not understand as I have been living in UK for the past 8 years"

Thanks
KA941
I think the date of signed the form is not important. The important date is when you actually apply for your application. If it is after 5 years of qualifying period then you should be fine.

KA941

Re: Did I sign the form before 5 year period

Post by KA941 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:38 pm

many thanks for the reply.
KA941