ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some clarification for extension application I am conf

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thutmose
Bangladesh

Need some clarification for extension application I am conf

Post by thutmose » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 pm

1) From the Appendix A
(ii) If the applicant’s business is not required to produce audited accounts, unaudited accounts and an accounts compilation report must be provided from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006);
And
(b) Audited or unaudited accounts must show the investment in money made directly by the applicant, in his own name or on his behalf (and showing his name). If he has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application. If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided. The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant, the date the accounts were produced, and how much the applicant has invested in the business. The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant in accordance with statutory requirements,
My annual accounts shown £50000 share capital and no directors loan as creditor. So I am going on the share capital investment route.

I am going to send 3 years accounts, management account (Showing expenses of over 100k), share certificate and annual return to show that I am the shareholder of that amount. My understanding is that it will satisfy the investment requirement.

They didn't really ask 3 years bank statements or any other documents. Am I correct thinking that I don't need to send any other documents for investment?

---------------------
I am using 3 of my current full time employees to fulfill the 1 year 2 employees requirement

By May they will be4 months more then the required 1 year 2 employees. Sending monthly payslips, P11 and FPS will satisfy the requirement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have always had employees over the past 3 years, I don't need to send any documents about them even though their expenses are in my investment amount, do I?

Please advice me if I am wrong on any of these.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Need some clarification for extension application I am c

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:49 pm

There is really no confusion. You must send all the documents required in the Immigration Rules Appendix A and you should be fine. 8)
For share capital investment, you must send company accounts that show your name investing the money. Sending share certificates used to be a requirement but now it is not there in the rules. But I suggest you send them too.
Do not forget to send documents showing your business is registered in the UK, registered for CT and has UK business bank account.

For proof of employment , send P11, FPS, Payslips for 12 months plus the copies of employee passports for the period you are claiming points for.

You must also send Current Appointments Report for all the companies you claim points for, showing you were a director within 6 months, currently engaged in business and hired employees when you were the director.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:00 pm

zimba88 wrote:There is really no confusion. You must send all the documents required in the Immigration Rules Appendix A and you should be fine. 8)
For share capital investment, you must send company accounts that show your name investing the money. Sending share certificates used to be a requirement but now it is not there in the rules. But I suggest you send them too.
Do not forget to send documents showing your business is registered in the UK, registered for CT and has UK business bank account.

For proof of employment , send P11, FPS, Payslips for 12 months plus the copies of employee passports for the period you are claiming points for.

You must also send Current Appointments Report for all the companies you claim points for, showing you were a director within 6 months, currently engaged in business and hired employees when you were the director.

Is it ok to send birth certificates, or do we need to provide a copy of an NI document? One of my employees does not have a passport.

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:47 am

Thanks Zimba88
Well You mean annual account or management account? I have submitted 2 annual accounts to companies house so far, preparing the 3rd one, both has 50k as share capital but it doesn't say I am the shareholder. I doubt they have option to put the shareholder's name.

However, 3 annual returns show that for past 3 years I am the shareholder of all the shares.

Share certificate(50000 ordinary shares of £1 each owned by me)+ 3 accounts + 3 annual returns. They all together very clearly show the amount and the shareholder. As per my understanding they should fulfil the requirement. I won't need to send all statements with highlighted transfers like the director's loan route. Please correct me if I am wrong.

---------------------
Sar78, if you send birth certificate, one of his/her parent's nationality has to be British on that certificate.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:22 am

thutmose wrote:

---------------------
Sar78, if you send birth certificate, one of his/her parent's nationality has to be British on that certificate.
Thank you for your reply.
The immigration rules do not say anything about the nationality of parents on the certificate having to be British though. In this case, the parents became citizens when the employee was 5. That was why after consulting HMRC on how to check her right to work indefinitely, I asked the employee to provide an NI document also.
She has said she can apply for a passport now if I want, but it would not prove that she was a British national when she started the job.