ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Simi UK

Passport Interview

Post by Simi UK » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have booked my naturalization ceremony on 23rd March. Do I need to wait for my certificate before I book the passport interview or can be done before.

The problem is I starting a new job from 4th April and will not be able to take holidays for few days. So want to make sure I get the interview done before then.

TIA

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Re: Passport Interview

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Simi UK wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have booked my naturalization ceremony on 23rd March. Do I need to wait for my certificate before I book the passport interview or can be done before.

The problem is I starting a new job from 4th April and will not be able to take holidays for few days. So want to make sure I get the interview done before then.

TIA
You will only be able to book for the passport interview when your passport application has been received by HMPO. You won't be able to send your passport application before your ceremony as you will require your citizenship certificate to support your passport application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Passport offices are also open on weekends and offer evening appointments. So don't stress.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Not every HMPO does weekends but my local one, Peterborough does with less than a weeks notice.

So you may travel, depending on where you are and which office does weekends, but it is possible.

In fact google it, you can search on their website for your nearest HMPO and they show opening hours as well