ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization - limit to stay abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

prince_no1

naturalization - limit to stay abroad

Post by prince_no1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi everyone,

in June i am going to be applying for Naturalization as i was granted ILR last June on basis of Tier 1 General
and i am living in this country from last 10 years as well.

i have some questions.

1. i recently heard from a friend that now we can apply the passport at the same time applying for naturalization? is it true?

2. my wife who was granted the ILR same time as mine Last June. but she has gone abroad for holidays on 16 Jan 2016 till 9th May 2016. almost 4 months. she came to UK in 2012 May. her 5 years is going to complete may 2017. but as soon as i get BC she can apply on 3 year basis.

but now she is staying out of the country for almost 4 months, how is it going to effect on her naturalization application ? how long does she needs to wait.? what is the limit she can stay of the country.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: naturalization - limit to stay abroad

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:51 pm

1. Yes it is true but not all NCS offices are offering the service. See topic below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 99520.html

2.She should apply when her absence in the 12 months immediately before applying are no more than 90 days and no more than 270 days in the total 3 years. Your application could take a few months so come back and ask the question then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.