ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS for Naturalization purpose

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Babu
Newly Registered

Expired IELTS for Naturalization purpose

Post by Babu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:40 am

Hi,
I had obtained ILR using expired IELTS (Academic). Exam was given in British Council abroad. Now the main question is can I use it same for my Naturalization application purpose. Please advice !!!!

fbutt50

Re: Expired IELTS for Naturalization purpose

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 am

If it's used in obtaining ILR then it is ok to use again I have also submitted expired IELTS recently and someone got success recently using expired IELTS. So it's good to go.
:)
*The gravity*

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:33 pm

In my wife's case. it is not. Expired IELTS was not considered, for which we got ILR.

Go with the PBS calulations method.

Q3: I am not exempt. How do I go about fulfilling the requirement on the basis of a degree taught or researched in English?

Use the PBS calculator, as follows (the caseworkers are advised to follow the same steps to check an applicant's qualification using PBS calculator):
1. tier dropdown: select ‘Tier 2 (Skilled workers)’
(don't worry if you were never a Tier 2 migrant, it doesn't matter; those who don't understand why it is irrelevant, reading this post will help)
2. category drop-down: select ‘Tier 2 (General)’
3. ‘where are you applying from?’ question: select ‘Outside the United Kingdom’ (this is the quickest way to get to the required stage in the system)
4. in the following ‘Sponsorship’ and ‘Salary’ stages select either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ ( it does not matter which)
5. in the ‘English skills’ stage, select ‘I have a UK Bachelor degree-equivalent qualification (or above) that was taught in English’
6. enter details of the qualification in the following drop-down lists, up to and including ‘Year of award’
7. in the table displayed on the next screen, check the ‘Points for English language’ column:

If 10 points are displayed, the qualification has been deemed by UK NARIC to be academically equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree or higher and to have been taught in English. Take a prinout of this webpage to be included in the application.

If zero points are displayed, the qualification may either have been deemed to be below UK Bachelor degree level, or not taught in English, or both.
In such case, there are two options:
1. Get English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC, or
2. Get a Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree and an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:59 pm

How does this checking method apply to someone who has no degree and has taken an IELTS test? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Casa wrote:How does this checking method apply to someone who has no degree and has taken an IELTS test? :?
I assumed Babu who (might be from India ) took the IELTS shall be a Graduate or post Graduate. Yes if they dont have a degree, then this method is not a workable solution.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:37 pm

If he was a graduate or post graduate, assuming the degree was taught in English he wouldn't need IELTS :|

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.