ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bruceb

Applying for Naturalisation

Post by bruceb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:37 am

Hi
Myself living in the UK for over 7yrs and I've had ILR for 2yrs now, I've had no breaks, my spouse and kid both have ILR granted at the sametime as me however they are abroad for more than 9months they are coming back now, can we all apply for Naturalisation at the sametime? looking at the rules it says spouse should be no more than 90days in the last 12months, this means she can't apply but my question is if I become a BC does she still have to wait 1yr or can she apply immediately? can my kid apply for BC at the sametime as me?
Thanks all

Casa

Re: Applying for Naturalisation

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 am

Your wife will have to wait until she meets the absence rule....even if you have been granted BC. Wait for others to confirm the situation for your child. Were they born in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 am

No my kid was born outside of UK.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 am

bruceb wrote:No my kid was born outside of UK.
Before or after you and/or your wife were granted ILR?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:34 am

Casa wrote:
bruceb wrote:No my kid was born outside of UK.
Before or after you and/or your wife were granted ILR?
Hi, at the sametime as us