ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Both Tier 4 Marriage in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goodman_cj
Newly Registered

Both Tier 4 Marriage in UK

Post by goodman_cj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to have any guidance would be appreciated, in my case both of us are having student Tier 4 visa and would like to get married in UK. Im having a 4 years student visa and my partner have 1 year visa.

What are the rules regarding that?

Many Thanks.
Regards,
CJ

Casa

Re: Both Tier 4 Marriage in UK

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:00 pm

You can marry in the UK but as foreign nationals you will have to give notice at a HO designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO of your intention to marry. They can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both if they choose to do so. However, as neither of you are British nationals (or I assume EU nationals) the interview is unlikely to be necessary.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

goodman_cj
Newly Registered

Post by goodman_cj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Many thanks for the clarity. Further on the case, can my partner apply a dependant visa after marriage?

Regards,
CJ

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Yes they can.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Casa wrote:Yes they can.
Or before, if you have been living together for two years or more.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Are you studying a postgraduate course at an HEI?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:06 am

I was assuming from your length of leave that you are a PhD student, and that you already know you can have dependants in the UK, but you are not sure whether your spouse could switch status within the UK.

If you are not a postgraduate student, then no you cannot have your dependants in the UK anyway, unless you are a government-sponsored student.

See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--A ... Dependants
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.