ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A minor change in the address created big dilemma for me.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunshine16

A minor change in the address created big dilemma for me.

Post by sunshine16 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Dear Moderators and board users,
I have applied for my 3 years daughter MN1 application under section 1(3) in September 2015. In December 2015 I updated my daughter address online with a minor change.
From a minor change I mean only the Flat number which was initially Flat 3 then I changed to Flat 1, the rest of the address is same, building number road name and post code all the same. But it created a big problem for me.

The online form give only tow options, change address for yourself and change address for your legal representative because I was doing it my daughter so I choose yourself option and provide my daughter application details and my email address in the email section.
online form also asked for old post code and the new post code so in my case both the post code were the same and the old address and the address was also the same except the Flat number ,e.g.
Old Address: Flat 3, 80 ZZ Road Manchester post code
New Address: Flat 1, 80 ZZ Road Manchester same pose code

Home office got confused from this, they have not noticed the Flat Number is changed which end up with the Decision delayed which I found last week when six months completed and I have not received the decision, so I rung Contact centre for the update.

They took details from me and I received a call from them later on. They told me something strange, they said, decision was made on the application in December 2015 and a letter was sent to the address which was updated by legal Representative in December 2015.

I told them that there is no legal Representative in this application and it was me (applicant father) who updated the address for my daughter and the only change in the whole address is just Flat Number. They also confused that legal representative changed the address because it is a child application and the online form don’t give option for the parent if they want to change their kids address but I do have provided my email id in the form ,they have not noticed it or neither contacted me in any stage if they were confused.

They said that I should write to UKVI Capital Building Liverpool who have my daughter application, provide the correct address in writing and request for the Decision Duplicate letter .So I wrote a letter explain the situation that I(applicant father) updated the address and I did not receive any decision and request for the duplicate letter.

I don’t know why they said request for the decision duplicate letter if I have not received the original in the first place and what they mean by duplicate letter? Is it the certificate duplicate?

It is already over six months now since i submitted my daughter MN1 application. I don’t know how long it going to take now any idea?
What shall I do now? Please Advice.
Regards

sunshine16

Re: A minor change in the address created big dilemma for me

Post by sunshine16 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 am

Any Advice please..Moderators...

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Anyone?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 pm

The same thing happend with my friends son's MN1 application last year after long wait of his son decisin when he enquire from UKBA he got replied his son's natrulaisation certificate already been dispathced to his old address.
Then he wrote a letter to liverpool and exlpalined all his situation and within few days he get his son's certificate on his new address.
The best thing is write to them.

sunshine16

MN1 over six months and no decision received

Post by sunshine16 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:26 pm

Dear Moderators and Users.

I applied for my daughter MN1 in September 2015 and when six months passed i enquire from HO. They said we made the decision and we sent it to the new address in December 2015.I updated the address in last December with only a minor change which was only the Flat number in the entire Address but never received the decision i don't know why HO said we sent it to the new address, because all the household mail come to the same letter box and i cannot miss it. HO said write a covering letter to Liverpool and provide the new address and request for duplicate letter which i already did.

I don't know what they mean by duplicate letter?
Anyone know or have and idea how long it will take more?
And
shall i keep calling HO for update?
Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: MN1 over six months and no decision received

Post by member » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:48 am

sunshine16 wrote:Dear Moderators and Users.

I applied for my daughter MN1 in September 2015 and when six months passed i enquire from HO. They said we made the decision and we sent it to the new address in December 2015.I updated the address in last December with only a minor change which was only the Flat number in the entire Address but never received the decision i don't know why HO said we sent it to the new address, because all the household mail come to the same letter box and i cannot miss it. HO said write a covering letter to Liverpool and provide the new address and request for duplicate letter which i already did.

I don't know what they mean by duplicate letter?
Anyone know or have and idea how long it will take more?
And
shall i keep calling HO for update?
Thanks
When did you request the "duplicate letter"?

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:44 am

One week ago.

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Shocking update from Home office.

Hi every one today I received reply from case worker today who’s dealt my daughter MN1 application which was a bit shocking. The letter says that my daughter application was approved in December and her certificate was send to XYZ solicitors on XY December.
The socking news is XYZ solicitors, which have nothing to do with my daughter application. I myself applied for my daughter application and I have done everything. There is no law firm or solicitor represented this application in any stage. I don’t know where they come from and how came case worker sent my daughter certificate to them?
Case worker wrote in the letter that I shall contact them in the first instant on the phone number provide in the letter. So I have contact that law firm today and explained the whole story I asked them if they have mistakenly received my daughter certificate, their staff was also confused and they said if they have not represent my daughter case and do not have any file then they cannot trace that certificate which was issued in December 2015 and I don’t blame them.
This is such a poor service that some incompetent Home office staff cannot do their job which caused so much pain and stress to people.

Please anyone give some advice what should I do now?
Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Write to the Home Office highlighting their error! What else?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks for your reply, yes will do and further wait.. :oops:

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Sorry to hear about all the confusion and hope the HO are able to issue a new one soon!
sunshine16 wrote:In December 2015 I updated my daughter address online with a minor change.
Where did you make this change? AFAIK, the MN1 is a physical form that you either post or submit at an NCS office. Did not realise you could alter or edit application form online after submission.
Cheers,
OR

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:35 pm

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanks Ohara.
Cheers,
OR