ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending in extra evidence for EEA application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

the3rdman

Sending in extra evidence for EEA application

Post by the3rdman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:11 am

Hello,

My application is currently being considered. I have since procured some extra evidence for my application, namely my bank statements which I didn't include initially.

Is it ok to send these to the HO with my case number, or will it confuse matters.

Also, if I were to send these docs, do I send them to the address on the EEA application, or to Liverpool.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Member of Standing

Re: Sending in extra evidence for EEA application

Post by member » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:01 pm

the3rdman wrote:Hello,

My application is currently being considered. I have since procured some extra evidence for my application, namely my bank statements which I didn't include initially.

Is it ok to send these to the HO with my case number, or will it confuse matters.

Also, if I were to send these docs, do I send them to the address on the EEA application, or to Liverpool.

What kind of EEA application are you having?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:01 pm

In my opinion it is only necessary to send in extra documents if the other evidence you provided is not sufficient to prove treaty rights/residence.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:03 pm

the3rdman wrote:Hello,

I myself will send some supporting documents, after applying on 30-01-2016, in my extra documents few are
HMRC tax payments as self-employed ( though my EU family was part employed), we have already sent SA302 and tax calculation with NI payments for self-employed work and other proofs for employed
Profit and loss statement prepared by accountant
Some invoices (payments) including gumtree, fliers etc payments
New payslips
Customer references
But I am not sure If I have to send my bank statement as well, I have already sent my EU partner bank statement.

Federal

Post by Federal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm

I don't mean to alarm you, but I sent in additional documentation after receiving my confirmation email and after liaising with the hotline (I know, I know..) and while I have now since received the DCPR (with a mistake on it, but that's a different matter) as well as my documentation back, the second batch of documents I sent afterwards are nowhere to be seen.

I have no way of tracking their status, if they ever made it to the caseworker, and where are they now. There was a good few weeks between me sending the documentation and receiving my DCPR, which would mean that unless the Home Office's mail sorting is extremely slow, the additional documents should have been attached to my application.

I am unsure of how to proceed, and would love to hear of other cases regarding additional correspondence after submitting an application.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Federal wrote:I don't mean to alarm you, but I sent in additional documentation after receiving my confirmation email and after liaising with the hotline (I know, I know..) and while I have now since received the DCPR (with a mistake on it, but that's a different matter) as well as my documentation back, the second batch of documents I sent afterwards are nowhere to be seen.

I have no way of tracking their status, if they ever made it to the caseworker, and where are they now. There was a good few weeks between me sending the documentation and receiving my DCPR, which would mean that unless the Home Office's mail sorting is extremely slow, the additional documents should have been attached to my application.

I am unsure of how to proceed, and would love to hear of other cases regarding additional correspondence after submitting an application.
First what does DCPR mean? secondly its like two months ago I applied, from the posts its seems like I have ages left in my case to get a decision.
I will send recorded delivery with my application ref on the top and lastly I am ready to take risk of losing some of the documents for the sake of getting decision in my favor.
Please tell me the address where to send the documents to?

Federal

Post by Federal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:08 pm

DCPR = Document Certifying Permanent Residence. It's the same application with the one for a Biometric Residency Card (which is what I assume you're after), but as an EU national, I get something a bit different. I sent everything to the same Liverpool address.

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 am

Thank you for the replies.

I applied in February; my wife received her COA last month.

When we applied, I only sent in my payslips from the last two years, as well as a P60 for 2015, as I haven't yet received my P60 for this past year. However, my main concern is that I receive payslips electronically, and that's what I submitted.

I was thinking of sending additional evidence in the form of bank statements (only for the past 12 months), as well as a letter from my employer stating that we only receive payslips via email.

Is this necessary? And if so, what address do I send the additional evidence to?

Thank you.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Address for sending extra evidence is
UKVI
Department 1
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
I have called HO and confirmed with them, and have sent my recorded mail with all evidence I wanted to send, hope this will help

Federal

Post by Federal » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Outrageous that they wouldn't tell me this when I called them to ask where should I send my extra documents. They just said to send it to the same address where the application was made. It'd clear that this central sorting address has potentially hundreds of different departments. I know for example the returns is Department 88. There are umpteen other sections and it seems to me it's impossible to have any sort of correspondence with the Home Office other than their pre-scripted functions (ie, you want a card, you send an application, you either get approved, or rejected) and that is what blows this entire process out of the water. It's great for simple black and white cases but catastrophic for those with complications, including mistakes made by the Home Office itself.

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Tue May 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Hey posters,

Any news from Nel or Federal? Did you guys get your paperwork back ok?

I just received my recent p60, so was going to show that.

Again, my main concern was the payslip issue. I receive my payslips electronically, as I'm sure most companies do that now. I did not get them stamped or signed by my employer, because at the time, I didn't think it was necessary. The application asks to submit wage slips, and that's what I did. I didn't think any differently. It was only after I started doing the post-send research that I started to worry myself. It may be nothing, but with the referendum coming up, I just wanted to get this sorted fair and square.

Any advice?

Thanks again!

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Sun May 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Dear Nel,

I am in the process of sending additional docs as well. When I check the address given on Gov.UK it says this address is for "Become a British Citizen".

Has anyone else sent additional docs to the address given by Nel and confirm receipt by HO?

UKVI
Department 1
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Unquote

Thanks

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Anyone else with the experience of sending additional docs?

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi i just sent some important extra evidence to the durham address (initial application was in end of Jan)... before i read this post :cry:

my questions are:
1. which number did you call to ask about which address to send?
2. which number do you suggest me to call to inform HO that i sent some new evidence but to the wrong address?

thank you

jusr curious, where is my initial application? is it in liverpool? so we sent initial one to durham and somehow it was transfered from durham to liverpool? why bother to send it to durham the first place then? is it possible to ask HO to send my additional evidence pack from durham to liverpool?

the application requires applicants to update any changes in time but it tells you nothing about liverpool. if applicants are not reading posts from forums like here, durham address is the only one they know from GOV. so confusing...

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:15 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-795124
Please be informed, if you would like to submit further documents in
support of your wife's application you will need to write to the case
worker directly. You can find their address from your recent
correspondence.
wish i see this earlier :cry: i sent some original new evidence to durham and forgot to copy
i think the best i can do is to send extra evidence to liverpool and explain some of the original documents are with HO in durham. meanwhile, call them to inform

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 am

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _documents

this is a good one
Durham is where the payment centre is ,but the applications are processed in Liverpool. You will need to send any extra documents to the Liverpool address.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:01 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the internal workings of HO - just use the official contact addresses.

It is up to HO to handle and route their mail internally, wherever they choose to outsource it, be it Liverpool, Durham or even by donkey to Timbuctoo.

If you start trying to find backdoors and side entrances in the hope of speeding things up then documents really will start to get lost.

Note "to Timbuctoo" is an English turn of phrase representing a mysterious and far-flung destination; to the best of my knowledge there is no actual outsourcing taking place in Timbuktu currently (nor any plan to do so).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:30 pm

( Just on the lighter note )
thanks for taking our Donkeys to Timbuctoo, by the speed HO is processing applications I am sure my donkey will have enough time to get back before my application is decided.
The address I wrote in previous mails was given to me by customer services and I did check that on the net too.
But the passport that we received back was from
UK Visa and Immigration
New Euro FMT (Dept 153)
The capital Building
5th Floor/Blue Zone
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:08 pm

nel974 wrote:The address I wrote in previous mails was given to me by customer services and I did check that on the net too.
But the passport that we received back was from
UK Visa and Immigration
New Euro FMT (Dept 153)
The capital Building
5th Floor/Blue Zone
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Thank you so much for bringing this up! I'm sending extra documents again to Dept 1 as you wrote in previous post. Receiving passport from Dept 153 of the same building actually makes L3 3PP more convincing.

Plus, in two similar cases (https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... port_resid) (https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _documents), Home Office staff reponded clearly that extra documents should be sent to Liverpool. One reply was quite recent by Linda Best, UK Visas and Immigration, DMC (Croydon) Home Office, 19 April 2016.

Liverpool IS the processing centre and I guess it is what someone said previouly, "the official contact addresses".

PTCitzenEU
BANNED
Portugal

Post by PTCitzenEU » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:16 pm

I just called the HO as I want to send additional evidence for my EEA PR application and they gave me the following address:

UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 pm

PTCitzenEU wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:16 pm
I just called the HO as I want to send additional evidence for my EEA PR application and they gave me the following address:

UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Why have you registered a new username simply to post in a topic from March 2016?

member/PortugueseEU/

See also multiple usernames (clic)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.