ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you been waiting 18 months + for your Naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sid008
Newly Registered

Have you been waiting 18 months + for your Naturalisation?

Post by sid008 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:35 am

Just wondering what the general opinion here is on the forum as to why there may be delays.

The only reason I can think of is the 'good character' clause. But Enhanced CRB's take a few weeks?

The commission in 2014 found some cases had not been thoroughly checked to meet good character requirement and that caused delays - shouldn't that add weeks/months to the case not years?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Have you been waiting 18 months + for your Naturalisatio

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:18 am

Hi,
I am running in the 26th month waiting and still nothing but just hoping.
Finger crossed.
Regards
Babe khyber :| :roll: :(

sid008
Newly Registered

Its been almost 2.5 years ...

Post by sid008 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:34 am

... 2.5 years since I applied for Naturalisation. Payment taken in August 2014 and nothing since ... I have exhausted all options ... local MP, calling the HO etc etc but all I keep getting is a wait sign.

From what would appear to me, a 'straightforward' case of Tier 1/HSMP 5yrs + 1yr PR (applied in the 13th month), decent job, paid all taxes, no offences recorded ... my application seems to be going nowhere.

Thoughts?

vinny

Re: Have you been waiting 18 months + for your Naturalisatio

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:20 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.