ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

little query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Medbj

little query

Post by Medbj » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read and answer me. I applied for citizenship in October and I did attach a prepaid special delivery envelop so they can use it to send me back my documents. My question is, will they first inform me my application been successful then send me back my documents or vice versa and when would they use the prepaid envelop I provided ?! I know it's petty question but it means a lot to me as waiting time is really getting under my skin

Eligibility criteria :5 years residence + 1 year PR
Language criteria met: LIUK, B1 Trinity College
Method of application: Royal Mail
Date of application:28/10/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement : Email the 19/11/2015 + letter with biometric the 19/11
Date money gone off account: 19/11/2015 (update)
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 19/11/2015
Biometrics done: 20/11/2015
Date of approval :WAITING
Date of ceremony :WAITING
Date passport application:WAITING
Passport received :WAITING

kankerot

Re: little query

Post by kankerot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Medbj wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read and answer me. I applied for citizenship in October and I did attach a prepaid special delivery envelop so they can use it to send me back my documents. My question is, will they first inform me my application been successful then send me back my documents or vice versa and when would they use the prepaid envelop I provided ?! I know it's petty question but it means a lot to me as waiting time is really getting under my skin

Eligibility criteria :5 years residence + 1 year PR
Language criteria met: LIUK, B1 Trinity College
Method of application: Royal Mail
Date of application:28/10/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement : Email the 19/11/2015 + letter with biometric the 19/11
Date money gone off account: 19/11/2015 (update)
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 19/11/2015
Biometrics done: 20/11/2015
Date of approval :WAITING
Date of ceremony :WAITING
Date passport application:WAITING
Passport received :WAITING
You have been without your passport since 28th of October?

tripping

Post by tripping » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm afraid the way HO sends you a letter and returning your documents could be either together or separately in no particular order. Does it really matter though? You would have realised at the time of application that the wait times can be anything from 6 months onwards, so no use stressing out, though easier said than done.

And why oh why did you not use NCS for your application instead of posting yourself? You would have retained your passport. If you have travel plans booked in advance or plan to book soon in anticipation of your BC approval and subsequent passport approval within x months, that was a big gamble. Good luck.

Medbj

Post by Medbj » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Indeed I have been without my passport since I applied and opted to apply by post as nearest appointment I could get in any 100 miles range NCS was in a month time so I just decided to apply by post as I had no planned travel and quite straightforward application, namely we did apply for my wife through post office and had approval within 2 weeks so that was an additional factor towards the post option.
It does matter to me as trying to track the letter every single day and all this wait is turning to be sooo stressing. Thx for the answers

tripping

Post by tripping » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm

One suggestion is to get your MP involved, write them a letter, might speed things up. My brother in law did that for his family after waiting for over 7 months to hear anything, and lo and behold got the approval within a couple of weeks. Think the MP's office wrote to HO. Clean and straightforward application as well, no complications. Hopefully that helps with your application, nothing to lose.