ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born to uk Dad in the phillippines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baxter891
Newly Registered

Baby born to uk Dad in the phillippines

Post by baxter891 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:08 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, my wife who currently lives in the Philippines(as a filipino citizen) is pregnant with our first child which is due January 2016 and will be born in the Philippines.I am full uk british citizen and lived here all my life, I am wondering what i need to do in order for my child to live in the UK with me?

does my wife need to register the birth in the Philippines? or do i need to do it from the UK?

do i have to apply for the passport after the registration of the birth? or can this be done right after the baby is born?

If anyone knows what i need to do in order for my child to be in the UK i would really appreciate it

thanks
Last edited by baxter891 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Re: Baby born to uk Dad in the phillippines

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:11 am

Is the "UK dad" a British citizen? If so, British by descent or otherwise than by descent?
Does the child's mother have leave to enter / remain in the UK? If so, under which category?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

baxter891
Newly Registered

Post by baxter891 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:17 am

Hi i am a british citizen otherwise than by descent, my wife has only been in the uk by tourist visa at the moment we are looking into her coming to the uk when im on the financial requirement which will be next year

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:19 am

baxter891 wrote:Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, my wife who currently lives in the Philippines(as a filipino citizen) is pregnant with our first child which is due January 2016 and will be born in the Philippines. I am wondering what i need to do in order for my child to live in the UK with me?

does my wife need to register the birth in the Philippines? or do i need to do it from the UK?

do i have to apply for the passport after the registration of the birth? or can this be done right after the baby is born?

If anyone knows what i need to do in order for my child to be in the UK i would really appreciate it

thanks
What is your nationality?
Is wife joining you in UK at any time?

If you are British, start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gistration
&
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y ... ying/child
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:28 pm

baxter891 wrote:does my wife need to register the birth in the Philippines? or do i need to do it from the UK?
The birth will need to be registered in the country of birth. Once that is done, it is possible to do a consular registration with the UK authorities, but this is not necessary. From what you're saying (that you are British otherwise than by descent), then the baby with be automatically British by descent.

You do need to check the requirements for obtaining a birth certificate in the Philippines, in case they need the father to either be present or sign something (as you will need to be named on the certificate).
baxter891 wrote:do i have to apply for the passport after the registration of the birth? or can this be done right after the baby is born?
Once the baby has a birth certificate you may apply for a UK passport. If the birth certificate is not in English, then you may need to have it translated and certified.
baxter891 wrote:If anyone knows what i need to do in order for my child to be in the UK i would really appreciate it
When the baby finally gets a UK passport then s/he can enter the UK and remain here. If your wife is applying for a spouse visa, then you won't need to include the child in the calculations for the financial requirements because s/he is British.

baxter891
Newly Registered

british passport documents

Post by baxter891 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

hi

im looking at getting a passport for my newborn son who currently lives in the philippines with my wife. i know that the application is done online, i and my wife are wondering whether we need to give the documents to the British embassy in manila? or do we just submit them by post? also will they require my passport or can i just give them a photocopy of it?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: british passport documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Are you aware that the application for a passport from abroad can take 6 to 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

CR001 wrote:Are you aware that the application for a passport from abroad can take 6 to 12 months.
CR001, in these cases, it would be recommendable to travel to UK as a tourist and apply from there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:52 pm

If they traveler can get a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baxter891
Newly Registered

Post by baxter891 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm

yes i am aware, can i apply for my son passport from the uk then? would that be easier? i would just have to get all documents from my wife abroad? birth certificate etc

baxter891
Newly Registered

certificate of entitlement(right to abode) application

Post by baxter891 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:56 pm

hi

Im in the middle of doing an application for my son who currently lives in the Philippines with the mother (my wife) the application for certificate of entitlement says to enter the 'country of nationality' do i put the Philippines where he was born? or UK as he also has British nationality through me?

vinny

Re: certificate of entitlement(right to abode) application

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sajan patel

Re: certificate of entitlement(right to abode) application

Post by sajan patel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:22 pm

could anyone please help me here? im going through the same process, however its asking for me to apply for a visa? does this need to be done at the sametime as applying for the ROA?

Thanks