ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General ILR- Questionnaire and other queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nethu82

Tier 1 General ILR- Questionnaire and other queries

Post by nethu82 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:31 pm

hi
i am planning to submit my ILR application on this May 2016. i heard that once we submit application on same day service applicant being asked to fill questionnaire about all 5 years income.

i am running my business in director capacity for a LTD company. if some one could provide exact questionnaire/form (in same format) which is asked to filled by UKVI it would be really helpful.

i show my back home income when i submitted my first application in 2011. further i didn't run a business until 2012 end. so no economically active almost one year. is that be a big problem. do i need to be economically active whole 5 years. do i need to show all five years income.

i have submitted rest of 4 years SA and properly tax paid without any amendments.

if some one can provide the questionnaire it would be really helpful to prepare myself and rest of the people who suppose to apply on same day.

your help and advice really appreciated.

thanks.

dng_131
India

Re: Tier 1 General ILR- Questionnaire asked to be filled by

Post by dng_131 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:55 pm

nethu82 wrote:hi
i am planning to submit my ILR application on this May 2016. i heard that once we submit application on same day service applicant being asked to fill questionnaire about all 5 years income.

i am running my business in director capacity for a LTD company. if some one could provide exact questionnaire/form (in same format) which is asked to filled by UKVI it would be really helpful.

i show my back home income when i submitted my first application in 2011. further i didn't run a business until 2012 end. so no economically active almost one year. is that be a big problem. do i need to be economically active whole 5 years. do i need to show all five years income.

i have submitted rest of 4 years SA and properly tax paid without any amendments.

if some one can provide the questionnaire it would be really helpful to prepare myself and rest of the people who suppose to apply on same day.

your help and advice really appreciated.

thanks.
Hi nethu82, this one is taken from this website. I hope it helps.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03628.html

nethu82

Re: Tier 1 General ILR- Questionnaire asked to be filled by

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 am

hi dng_131 ,

thanks you very much for your link. it is really helpful to be be prepared my self.

belive that HO not worry about the period that i havent economically active. once i got my visa after one year i registered my business. i am quite worry about the period that i haven't worked or havent running business.

have any idea about this situation or some one have had expereince like this?
thanks

nethu82

Tier 1 General- I am approved chartered accountant

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:54 am

hi,
I planning to apply ILR in next month under tier 1 general visa. I used to submit my all Final accounts, CT 600 (Corporate Tax), SA 100 (Self Assessment) by myself. I am curious about that i am able to certify my own income as an Certified accountant.

I suppose to submit SA302, Personal Bank Statements, P60 and Pay Slips as an Director Salary, Dividends Vouchers, and certified list of dividends income from my own charted accounting firm. my income claim year for visa purpose is exactly same as tax year. so HMRC produced documents are equal with claim income.

Is this documents sufficient enough to prove my income and is that valid to certify my own income as an chartered accountant.

hope some accountant having same experience in their ILR application. please share your experience. your advice is really appreciated.

thanks.

nethu82

Tier 1- ILR Income Certification Problem

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:03 pm

hi,

i just planning to apply my ILR in next month, I am just curious whether i can certify my own income as I am an accountant.?

since my claiming year exactly same as tax year i am planning to submit SA 302 and dividends voucher with pay slips and bank statements and certified list of dividends from my own accounting firm. since i am certifying income for the immigration purpose, i know exactly how to draft letters and so on.

is this sufficient to prove my income or do i need to provide income certification from different accountant?

if any accountant having same experience when apply ILR please advice. your guidance is really appreciated.
thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General ILR- Questionnaire and other queries

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Please stop creating new topics when you already have this existing topic in the ILR forum. See Multiple Posts (click). Posting in Tier 1 General forum is not the correct place for ILR queries.

I can't see how an accountant working for himself can certify his own accounts. There is no 'checks and balances' process if you work for yourself, pay yourself, prepare your own accounts and certify them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:50 pm

The T1G policy guidance on pg 23 states,
111. Where you are providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm the
accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant
who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while you were
in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK
who is a member of a recognised supervisory body
. These are: The Institute of
Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered
Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI);
the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of
Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA); or
the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA); the Association of
Accounting Technicians (AAT). From 6 April 2014 members of the Association of
International Accountants (AIA) are also members of a recognised supervisory body. If
the earnings were made while you were not in the UK, the evidence must come from one
of the above accountants or from an accountant or accountancy firm on the list of full
members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants, on
http://web.ifac. org/about/member-bodies
Are you certified one of the above registered bodies yourself ? I would agree with CR001 that it makes sense to get your paper work in order by another UKVI recognized accountant.

What did you do for your earlier extensions if they were on the basis of earnings through your own limited company ? Did you certify them yourself or did you get another accountant do it for you ?

To answer your question of 1 year of unemployment / lack of economic activity, that is not a problem as you need not have been in continuous employment on a T1G visa.
Cheers,
OR

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:20 pm

You will get this questionnaire if you going Belfast, Solihull, Sheffield, Glasgow, Liverpool

Cardiff (50/50) chance

Croydon (No Questionnaire)

This questionnaire is like a mouse trap, some questions are very tricky and there is no right and wrong answer.

Belfast, Glasgow and Solihull takes this questionnaire very seriously where as Sheffield and Liverpool use discretion most of the time.

I would say if your case has complexity of Self employment then PSC/PEO is not the right option for you and if you choosing regional PSC for your application.

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks Pscloud & O_Relly for your reply.

since my claiming year for the visa purpose is exactly same as tax year I suppose to submit following documents;

1. Original HMRC produced SA302 for last four years.
2. Dividends vouchers
3. pay slips & P60
4. personal bank statements

except this documents i was just thinking to submit Accountant's letter as additional confirmation
1-does it mandatory to provide Accountant's letter to confirm Director's Income for the company capacity?
2-if tax year and claim year is same then still need to certify income by Accountant?
3-is it valid that provide a letter with company letter head to confirm my income? (my company is a UKVI Approved Accounting firm)

your advice really appreciated.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 pm

nethu82 wrote:Thanks Pscloud & O_Relly for your reply.

since my claiming year for the visa purpose is exactly same as tax year I suppose to submit following documents;

1. Original HMRC produced SA302 for last four years.
2. Dividends vouchers
3. pay slips & P60
4. personal bank statements

except this documents i was just thinking to submit Accountant's letter as additional confirmation
1-does it mandatory to provide Accountant's letter to confirm Director's Income for the company capacity?
2-if tax year and claim year is same then still need to certify income by Accountant?
3-is it valid that provide a letter with company letter head to confirm my income? (my company is a UKVI Approved Accounting firm)

your advice really appreciated.
What did you do for your earlier extensions if they were on the basis of earnings through your own limited company ? Did you certify them yourself or did you get another accountant do it for you ?
Cheers,
OR

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:04 pm

hi O_Relly,
thanks for your quick reply. since in previous extension my claim year and tax year didn't match. so that i did certify the dividends from another accountant. the only documents i could generate from third party was Accountant's letter.

this time i do have HMRC issued SA302 for external certification. is that accountant's dividend certification is one source document? cant we replace it with HMRC SA302 with calculation sheet.

is that enough to prove my income?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:41 pm

nethu82 wrote:hi O_Relly,
thanks for your quick reply. since in previous extension my claim year and tax year didn't match. so that i did certify the dividends from another accountant. the only documents i could generate from third party was Accountant's letter.

this time i do have HMRC issued SA302 for external certification. is that accountant's dividend certification is one source document? cant we replace it with HMRC SA302 with calculation sheet.

is that enough to prove my income?
Not sure if the SA302 will be accepted in it's entirety as a document from the tax authority (HMRC) to prove earnings.

The T1G policy guidance states in pg25, point 113 iv) such as,
iv) Official tax document produced by the tax authority or employer, showing
earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. For these
purposes, we define official tax documents as:

• a document produced by a tax authority that shows details of declarable taxable
income on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year (for example a tax
refund letter or tax demand);

• a document produced by an employer as an official return to a tax authority, showing
details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (for example a P60 in the
UK); or

• a document produced by a person, business, or company as an official return to a tax
authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a
tax year. The document must have been approved, registered, or stamped by the tax
authority (this is particularly relevant to some overseas tax systems, for example
SARAL in India)
It may be accepted as supporting documentation in addition to your dividend vouchers, payslips and P60s. Note: The payslips and P60s have to be signed and sealed by an accountant as they are generated by your company.

What about invoices raised ? and business bank statements ?
Cheers,
OR

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Dear O_Relly,

thanks for your reply.

invoices and business bank statements are quit bulk set of documents. i just make sure to bring them along with me, if it is asked to present.

Pay slips issued by my company and have no separate accountant. we can put our own company seal to certify since PAYROL is run by company itself.

I do have another company. I wouldn't show income from it. do i need to show them as well.

Further i have amended my first SA. but dividends taken hasn't been amended, added self employment Profit to the submitted return. it caused to increased my earnings not reduced. it has done three years ago. does it make impact or do i need to give explanation for this.

thanks.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:39 pm

nethu82 wrote:Further i have amended my first SA. but dividends taken hasn't been amended, added self employment Profit to the submitted return. it caused to increased my earnings not reduced. it has done three years ago. does it make impact or do i need to give explanation for this
SA amendments are going to ring alarm bells with the UKVI given the current situation for T1G's in general. Search the forum and you will find plenty of insight.

Having SA302s for last 4 years might help and if your amendment was genuine and corrected 3 years ago and not done recently in order to obtain ILR then you possibly stand a decent chance, but be prepared to go through a rigmarole.

As already advised by CR001, I recommend you get your paperwork, such as payslip's, P60s, invoices attested by another UKVI qualified accountant.
Cheers,
OR

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Dear O_Relly,
thank you very much your support. i will make sure to get certified those documents from separate accountant.

thanks.

nethu82

Replacement for accountant letter

Post by nethu82 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi
Does any one know which document can be used as substitute of accountants letter.

Is that accountants letter mandatory to provide to prove dividends income for a director?

Dividends voucher and personal bank statments, sa302 are not enough?

You all advice and opinions are really valuable.
Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

As suggested before, please keep your ILR queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!