ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Partner Visa Refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fatima Ali

Tier 2 General Partner Visa Refused

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:18 am

Hi all,

I applied for Tier2 General(Migrant) visa & got entry clearance which is valid for one month. Now the problem is they refused my husband's visa saying:
" In support of your application, you have provided your marriage certificate. It is reasonable to expect there would be regular contact & communication between a couple in a relationship using a variety of different media, particularly when they are residing in different countries. However no evidence or information has been provided now to demonstrate contact and intervening devotion between you as a couple in a relationship from either before or since marriage."
We are living in the same country, same house & for that I had given our marriage certificate as well as our bank statements showing same residential address.
I have appealed their decision but can someone please help me in sorting this out? How long can they take for deciding on an appeal as they say they'll take 28 days & my entry clearance will expire by that time. So should I make a new application? If so, what evidence should I provide with my new application?

Please help or guide anyone with experience...

Thanks a lot

vinny

Re: Tier 2 General Partner Visa Refused

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:07 am

Also write to the Entry Clearance Officer and Entry Clearance Manager, as they have misunderstood your circumstances. You may have to travel to the UK first if they do not reconsider in time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:16 am

vinny wrote:Also write to the Entry Clearance Officer and Entry Clearance Manager, as they have misunderstood your circumstances. You may have to travel to the UK first if they do not reconsider in time.
How do I contact them? They had given only one email address in refusal letter where I could appeal. Thanks a lot for you response

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:45 am

Contact them at the Embassy or High Commission directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:16 am

Thank you. I have emailed them too. I hope I hear from them soon :-(

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:01 am

Our embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan says they don't deal with visa related matters :-(

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:17 am

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:42 pm

vinny wrote:Try Pakistan.
Thanks I have emailed them.
Hope they reply soon.

Fatima Ali

Help regarding Entry Clearance Replacement

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:47 am

Can anyone please guide when should I apply for Replacement Visa in case I am not able to enter UK in one month's duration after entry clearance has been given?
I have been given entry clearance but my husband's was refused. In case his appeal is declined or his visa doesn't arrive in time, should I apply for replacement visa before entry clearance expires or after his visa status is known? Please advise.

Thanks a lot!

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:49 am

Can anyone please reply for above query?
How much time does admin review takes usually? It has been 21 days now but I am not sure if it will be made in given 28days duration or it can take longer. Any experienced person who can help please??

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:30 am

If you are unable to travel within the 30 days validity, then you may apply for a replacement, costing £189.

No one can tell you when a decision on AR will be reached. I believe Hone Office says that they "aim" to reach a decision in 28 days which is not same as saying that they "will" reach a decision in 28 days.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:04 am

geriatrix wrote:If you are unable to travel within the 30 days validity, then you may apply for a replacement, costing £189.

No one can tell you when a decision on AR will be reached. I believe Hone Office says that they "aim" to reach a decision in 28 days which is not same as saying that they "will" reach a decision in 28 days.
Thank you for your response.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 am

Can you please also guide if Replacement visa will be issued as my COS will expire by 17th of May and 30 day vignette will end on 11th May? Also in applying online it gives option of vignette transfer which is only for lost or stolen passport. There is an option for BRP Replacement too. Should I opt for BRP Replacement? Thanks a lot for your help.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:50 pm

1. Your CoS has already been used, hence already expired. The "expiry date" that you refer to is the date that the CoS be must be used by.
2. Click on the links in my response above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Sun May 08, 2016 10:42 am

geriatrix wrote:1. Your CoS has already been used, hence already expired. The "expiry date" that you refer to is the date that the CoS be must be used by.
2. Click on the links in my response above.

Thanks a lot! I have read that post and it was really helpful.

My husband's entry clearance has been refused unfortunately. So now we are making another application for him with all pictures of marriage, post marriage, chats, call logs etc. I will apply for replacement visa. Now my question is as per their website there is no given time frame for replacement visa. Anyone here knows this? Because if it will take few days and my husband's application will take another 15 working days then we won't be able to travel together. Can anyone please help?

Fatima Ali

No original documents submitted

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu May 12, 2016 10:44 am

Hello all,

I have applied for Replacement Visa while my husband applied again as Tier 2 General (partner)since his visa was refused & administrative review also declined. This time however they refused to accept any original document at VFS office here in Karachi, Pakistan. Does anyone know why is it so?
Last time when we applied they took original marriage certificate, TB certificate etc. This time they only took photocopies. I asked them and they said it is not required. Is it OK?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: No original documents submitted

Post by iworker » Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm

your husband is applying for tier 2 dependent in uk,
and you are applying replacement visa in pakistan.

who is guiding u both?

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Fri May 13, 2016 5:57 am

I am Tier 2 General main applicant & I have a job offer & Certificate of Sponsorship. I was given entry clearance but it expired as I didn't want to go without my husband. His initial visa application was refused & then administrative review declined. So now we made a new application for my husband & Replacement visa application for myself.
We filed the visa ourselves. Since his application was refused on the grounds of lack of evidence for a subsisting relationship, this time we provided chat history, call logs etc.
Staff at VFS Global office Karachi refused to take any original documents with either of our applications. They said it is not necessary. We asked them over & over again but they said you don't have to submit original documents. This makes me worried as it was my husband's new application & as in previous application, they should have taken originals.
They said my husband's application will go to Sheffield while my application will go to Abu Dhabi.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 am

Hi Fatima,
I have read your previous post and this one while trying to find examples similar to mine and now I am quite worried. I am in the UK on tier 2 and my wife and son have just applied for Tier 2 dependant from Islamabad. I was not aware that we need to provide further evidence on top of marriage certificate (for my wife), and a birth certificate (for my son). We did submit only 3 pictures of 3 of us without explaining anything regarding the pics. We did not submit any details of phone , chat communication etc. :/ We are married for 4 years now, and my wife has previously travelled to visit me a few times, (and last time, my son too, with my wife for a couple of months).
In the refusal decision, the ECO expected more than just a marriage certificate. Do you know why were they expecting that in the first place? Did he apply from another country or did both of you apply from Karachi?

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu May 19, 2016 3:32 am

paradoxical wrote:Hi Fatima,
I have read your previous post and this one while trying to find examples similar to mine and now I am quite worried. I am in the UK on tier 2 and my wife and son have just applied for Tier 2 dependant from Islamabad. I was not aware that we need to provide further evidence on top of marriage certificate (for my wife), and a birth certificate (for my son). We did submit only 3 pictures of 3 of us without explaining anything regarding the pics. We did not submit any details of phone , chat communication etc. :/ We are married for 4 years now, and my wife has previously travelled to visit me a few times, (and last time, my son too, with my wife for a couple of months).
In the refusal decision, the ECO expected more than just a marriage certificate. Do you know why were they expecting that in the first place? Did he apply from another country or did both of you apply from Karachi?
Hello,

We are living together in Karachi since our marriage & this is the reason I didn't provide any such proofs or pictures of our marriage. I stated this reason in administrative review but it was also refused. So now I have filed a new application for my husband with all possible proofs I could think of.
Wish you all the best for your application. Do let me know if you want to know anything else.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu May 19, 2016 11:14 am

As a further update on my unfortunate application, I got an email from British Embassy Abu Dhabi & they said I have applied for wrong category of Vignette Transfer. Since my visa has expired already, I should apply for Replacement BRP from others category in online application. I am sharing this info to help others & if your entry clearance is expired please select BRP Replacement Category. I will have to apply third time now when I get my application back :cry:

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Wed May 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Dear Fatima,

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry to hear about this recent mistake. I wish you luck and hope that very soon, both you and husband will get the visa and start working in the UK.

Best Wishes,

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:43 am

paradoxical wrote:Dear Fatima,

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry to hear about this recent mistake. I wish you luck and hope that very soon, both you and husband will get the visa and start working in the UK.

Best Wishes,
Thanks a lot! My husband finally got his visa & I have applied for BRP Replacement. Really hope to get it soon.