ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa refused, Maintenance fund issue. Urgent help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Babadeel
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa refused, Maintenance fund issue. Urgent help!

Post by Babadeel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Hello,

hopefully you are all doing well.

I would like to seek some advice on my Administrative Review and I think this is the right place to ask for help.

Basically, My visa Tier 2 visa has been refused recently because of failing to meet Maintenance Fund points as I attached my father's statement instead of mine (and the clause that was raised said that I can only use a bank statement under my name).

here is the timeline of events and application process as they happened.

28th January 2016: Application for Tier 2 Visa Made. In the initial application, I did not tick on the box that My sponsor will certify to cover my maintenance funds as I had no written agreement with them neither was my CoS ready yet.

9th February 2016: CoS number generated. My company TICKED the box in the CoS application which says that "My Sponsor will support my Maintenance fund", hence they will cover my maintenance and since they are a Tier 2 A rating sponsor, I am exempted from showing proof of maintenance funds to begin with].

15th February 2016: Documents with passport and CoS letter (along with my Dad's bank statement and an affidavit that proves that my father is willing to cover my maintenance fund - PLease NOte: I sent my dad's bank statement just to provide an extra proof of available funds for back up in case if needed) - within the time provided.

14th March 2016: Decision on my application made in refusal.

6th April 2016: I receive my decision letter from the Royal Mail.

Three things to note here are:

1. My company has confirmed to me that they TICKED the box for sponsoring my maintenance funds.

2. My CoS was sent after the initial application was made but with the initial deadline to submit my passport and other documents.

3. I only attached my Dad's bank statement and an affidavit just as an extra proof of available funds for maintenance.

Now, I have been give 2 weeks time period to apply for a Administrative review.

Can I please ask anyone who has expertise in this area on how should I proceed and whether I hire a lawyer to help me with filing the review.

Any help in this case will be duly appreciated.

nisarmalik

Re: Tier 2 Visa refused, Maintenance fund issue. Urgent help

Post by nisarmalik » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Do your sponsor gave yoy the printout of the cos?
Have u check whether they tick the maintenance box?

vijayj

Post by vijayj » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:37 pm

As per my knowledge....
Your maintenance fund should be in your name.
And if you tick in application that you are showing your maintenance then they will look for yours only they do not bother look in to your cos.
Did you tick both your fund and your sponsor also agree for maintenance in application?
If yes then It is confusing and they got chance to reject even you have sponsor maintenance tick on COS.
have a look your application what you tick.
If you just tick that your sponsor agreed for maintenance then your dads bank statement is additional document and they can ignore that and just follow the COS where your sponsor said Y "yes" for maintenance. in that case you are ok for your argument.

Babadeel
Newly Registered

Post by Babadeel » Tue May 03, 2016 12:56 am

Yes, I have gone through the print out of CoS details and my Sponsor has TICKED the box to certify that they will sponsor my maintenance.

I have filed an AR and I am waiting for the result. I am getting very stressed out with this.