ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling parents on visit visa when you've a criminal record

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zataak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Calling parents on visit visa when you've a criminal record

Post by Zataak » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi All,

Due to domestic issue with my Wife, I have been convicted by the court in January 2016.
I am on ILR since August 2015. I would like to call my parents to UK for visit. My parents last visit to UK was in end of 2014.

I would like to know since I have a criminal record now, would that be an issue if my parents apply for visit visa and I send them a sponsor letter?

Also, If someone can provide me details on how I can ask this question to UKBA directly? (via email, letter, telephone)

I shall be really grateful.

Kind Regards,
--
Zataak

chattokhan

Re: Calling parents on visit visa when you've a criminal rec

Post by chattokhan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:14 pm

There is no question in UK visit visa application where they ask about the criminal conviction of the sponsor. You do not need to mention it in the supporting/covering letter that you may want to attach with your parents' visit visa application.