ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part Time employees for extension application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thutmose
Bangladesh

Part Time employees for extension application

Post by thutmose » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 pm

49. A full time job is one involving at least 30 hours of work a week. Two or more part time jobs that add up to 30 hours a week will count as one full time job, and may score points in Tables 5 and 6, if both jobs exist for at least 12 months. However, one full time job of more than 30 hours work a week will not count as more than one full time job. If jobs are being combined, the employees being relied upon must be clearly identified by the applicant in their application. Jobs that have existed for less then 12 months cannot be combined together to make up a 12 month period.
This is the point number 49 from appendix A.

Specially this line here
Two or more part time jobs that add up to 30 hours a week will count as one full time job, and may score points in Tables 5 and 6, if both jobs exist for at least 12 months.
People used to say under transitional agreement, if one can prove that they have created a total of 3120 hours of job (not more then 30 hours a week for a single employee) they have fulfilled the job creation requirement.
Multiple part time employees with 16-24 hours contracts.
Or employees with different part time weekly contracts can be added together to reach to that required 3120 hours.
Or a part time employee working on a 25 hours weekly contract for 2.5 years will reach the required hours.
Or 3 full time employees (7+11+7)=25 months in 3 jobs in different times of the given three years can complete the 24 months job requirement too.

Quite confused how will that work providing that guidance. Will all the above scenarios fulfil the requirement for a pre 2014 applicant?

Hope someone will be able to clarify the issue.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Part Time employees for extension application

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:09 am

Nothing has changed ! The new guide has not changed anything, the rules have been clarified.
Transitional arrangements is still in force for Pre April 2014. You still can hire multiple employees and add they hours to get to 30 hours a week. You do NOT need to create two separate jobs if you are pre April 2014 for your extension or 5 year ILR application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks zimba for your reply.
a part time employee working on a 25 hours weekly contract for 2.5 years will reach the required hours.
On this example the employee didn't work 30 hours a week. But at the end of 2.5 years he completed equivalent of 24 months of full time employment. Will this count too?
Two or more part time jobs that add up to 30 hours a week will count as one full time job, and may score points in Tables 5 and 6, if both jobs exist for at least 12 months.
This line from the appendix A is bit confusing for a pre 2014 candidate.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 am

thutmose wrote:
a part time employee working on a 25 hours weekly contract for 2.5 years will reach the required hours.
On this example the employee didn't work 30 hours a week. But at the end of 2.5 years he completed equivalent of 24 months of full time employment. Will this count too?
This is not clear from the rules, however given that under transitional arrangements you can add the hours to reach 30 hours a week, working 2 years part time could reach ton30 hours a week.
This line from the appendix A is bit confusing for a pre 2014 candidate.
Why ?? The requirement for a job to exist for 12 months only is required form POST April 2014 applicants.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kerim90
Mood:
Azerbaijan

Post by Kerim90 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:13 pm

zimba88 wrote:Nothing has changed ! The new guide has not changed anything, the rules have been clarified.
Transitional arrangements is still in force for Pre April 2014. You still can hire multiple employees and add they hours to get to 30 hours a week. You do NOT need to create two separate jobs if you are pre April 2014 for your extension or 5 year ILR application.

Hi Zimba88

Just to clarify full time job (not more then 30 hours a week for a single employee) , if we add up 2 full time employee
30 hours a week X 4weeks a month = 120 hours a month
120 hours a month X 12 month = 1,440 hours a year for one employee 12 month

2 employee 12 month is 2,880 hours total.

How do they calculate and come to 3120 hours job with 2 employee 12 month?

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Kerim90 wrote:
Hi Zimba88

Just to clarify full time job (not more then 30 hours a week for a single employee) , if we add up 2 full time employee
30 hours a week X 4weeks a month = 120 hours a month
120 hours a month X 12 month = 1,440 hours a year for one employee 12 month

2 employee 12 month is 2,880 hours total.

How do they calculate and come to 3120 hours job with 2 employee 12 month?

thanks
It is not a secret that a month is not exactly 4 weeks or 28 days but 30 or 31 days (excluding Feb)
So a calculation based on 4 weeks per month would be short of almost 29 to 30 days per year !
To get a more accurate number you need to consider the total number of weeks in a year, each year is almost 52 weeks (365 / 7 = ~52) If each week will be min 30 hours for a job, you get 52 x 30 = 1560 hours per job in a year (1560 x 2 = 3120 for two)

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks Zimba,

One for question.
191. You must also confirm the hourly rate for each employee used to claim points, including any changes in the hourly rate and the dates of the change
For an employee with annual salary contract what document will they accept as a confirmation of hourly rate?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:37 pm

thutmose wrote:Thanks Zimba,

One for question.
191. You must also confirm the hourly rate for each employee used to claim points, including any changes in the hourly rate and the dates of the change
For an employee with annual salary contract what document will they accept as a confirmation of hourly rate?
No document is required to show your hourly rate, you are paying them salary and you claim hours.
total Salary paid / total hours claimed = hourly rate. You simply need to enter the hourly rate on the form to confirm it.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 am

Tahnsk a lot Zimba for clearing my Doubt, just last one, i was going through the application form and it dosen't ask if you fall under pre april or post april category however it asks us to fill in the job creation table in which it says
"Table 3b2 - Table of evidence for employment created (please photocopy if you have mulitple
jobs)
Please provide the details of all employees who filled these jobs for the required 12 month period.
The jobs must exist for at least 12 months. Within the same job, another worker can replace a
worker who is employed for part of a year and then leaves the job, so that the employment as a
whole adds up to 12 months. The hours of workers in 2 part-time jobs can be combined to add
up to 30 hours a week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time job, as long as the 2
part-time jobs exist for 12 months. We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per
month."

as i mentioned in my previous queries that my employyes have been working for my company since april 2014 so they have already worked more first 13 months as part time each and last 10 full time each on 2 different posts, so do i need to combine the jobs to show full time employment or i just need to be concern about number of hours of each employees,
if i combine first 12 months part time of 2 employees for 2 different posts than it makes it as 1 full time employment then how to combine the same employees for the same posts as it was in thefirst year,working full time for 10 months just before application to make it equivalent to 2nd full time employment.
please clarify Zimba.
your help is much appreciated and like blessings in disguise
thanks
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 am

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba.
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Atif786 wrote:
Thanks a lot Zimba.
Hi Zimba, Please read it once
as you adivsed me that i do fall under pre april 2014 category which mean transnational arrangement however i am still confused about filling in the Job creation form, please correct me if i am working and help me out with this please.
i have 2 employees for 2 different posts working hours as follows
1st employee
01/04/2014 - 30/04/2015 Part time ( 13 months)
01/05/2016 - 28/Feb/2017 Full time ( 10 Months)
2nd employye
Different Job title
Same hours as the 1st employee
if i have to follow the pre April 2014 transnational arrangement then in the job creation form i don't have to combine the jobs to show 1 full time employment ? can i simply fill in the table as follws
Job 1- Data entry
Start date:01/04/2014 - End 30/04/2015 Part time
Same Table 2nd Row-
01/05/2016 - 28/Feb/2017 Full time ( 10 Months)
"If this job is being combined with another job to make equivalent of 1 full time job, indicate which job
this is" Not applicable

Same for the 2nd employee with different post
my question is if you may help me with :
is 12 months of part time of 1 employee is considered as 6 months full time and then the same employee continued to work as full time for 10 months so will the 6 months of full time out of 10 months of the same employee be considered for another full time 6 months to make it 1 full time job by the same employee without combining it with other posts and employment?
in short employee worked 12 months as part time and further 10 months full time be considered as 1 full time employment ?

2nd employment same as above

i know i am being repetitive but please help.
your patience and support is much appreciated.
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 pm

As I said several times neither I have access to any guide on this topic nor you do.
I suggested to split the 12 months par times as two periods of six months so they can be combined to make 6 full time months. Enter them in the same table on separate rows six months each. This plus the 10 months of full time employment put you way over the requirements (16 months full time per postion)

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:11 pm

thanks Zimba, Really appreciate your patience and suggestion.
Atif