ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross Salary Letter from Employer....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lastchance
Newly Registered

Gross Salary Letter from Employer....

Post by lastchance » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for HSMP very shortly around Jan 2008. I will be showing the earnings for the period, Feb-07 to Jan-08.
My only concern is what happens if my employer denies to give me the gross salary letter which is required. I am an in-country applicant and I am working onsite for the last 18 months (on WP for an Indian company).

Can someone please reply and throw some light on my query?

regards,
lastchance .........

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:32 am

You need two pieces of evidence that are consistent with each other. If you can show Original / Signed-and-stamped Payslips for the 12-month period, and if you can corroborate that with Bank Statements displaying the credit of the Net Salary (as mentioned in the payslips), then you should be okay.

Ideally, the two perfect pieces of evidence would be:
1. Payslips
2. Corresponding tax return.

However, this is not always possible. Hence the concession is that if you cannot furnish the Tax return, or if the Tax Return does not cover the whole period, you can provide EITHER or BOTH of the following:

1. Bank Statements
2. Letter from employer

Remember to mention a reason for submitting the bank statements under "Exceptional Consideration". That will set the CW expectations.

Cheers.

nirmalkraj2
Newly Registered

Re: Gross Salary Letter from Employer....

Post by nirmalkraj2 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:56 am

I persume your salary slip will show monthly gross salary, deductions and net pay. So this will do for the calculation of Gross salary, no need for seperate letter from employer.

[quote="lastchance"]Hi All,

I will be applying for HSMP very shortly around Jan 2008. I will be showing the earnings for the period, Feb-07 to Jan-08.
My only concern is what happens if my employer denies to give me the gross salary letter which is required. I am an in-country applicant and I am working onsite for the last 18 months (on WP for an Indian company).

Can someone please reply and throw some light on my query?

regards,
lastchance .........[/quote]

lastchance
Newly Registered

Post by lastchance » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:57 am

Hi gorajim,

Thanks for your reply really appreciate your help.
I wont have the Income Tax return form i.e. P60 for the claimed period. That means I need to submit:
1) Signed and Stamped payslips
2) Bank Statements or Letter from Employer.

Now here lies the problem. What happens if my employer disagrees to sign on my payslips and ends my contract here ( I am on a WP) and sends me back to India?
Has anyone came across such situation or is the Employer obliged to give me the documents required?
My employer will surely ask why you need Salary Slips (signed and stamped). I dont want to let him know that I am going to apply for HSMP. Can I give any other reason for requesting signed and stamped payslips or employer letter?

Thanking in advance,

regards,
lastchance.......

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:54 am

Normally, if an employer does not provide you with original payslips (payslips on the company letterhead), they are bound to sign and authenticate any other forms of the payslips. The normal / legal reasons could be HSMP, Loan application, or just plain for your personal record.

It is highly unlikely that the HO will accept any unauthenticated documents as income proof.