ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement - Request for NARIC letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ecommercegj
Newly Registered

English language requirement - Request for NARIC letter

Post by ecommercegj » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:18 am

Hi,

I applied in March 2016 for naturalisation based on ILR +1 year.
I received my ILR in Feb, 2015 so as per the FAQs, the guide I don't have to prove the english language requirement that I have proven now 3 times with Tier-1, Tier-1 renewal and also ILR using by Degree from University of Delhi, India

I got a letter from the case worker on 7/4/2016 asking for NARIC letters certifying my degree by 22/4/2016 otherwise application will be rejected

I have responded with the above that ILR / settlement received on 4/2/2015 so should not be needed with no response from them yet

Please can you let me know what should I do? Should I arrange for the fast track NARIC which is very expensive and also needs time as I need to arrange for the letter from the universities certifying my course was taught in English

If that is the case, can I ask them for more time to submit this or should I stick to the current stance of this not being needed?

Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement - Request for NARIC letter

Post by member » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 am

ecommercegj wrote:Hi,

I received my ILR in Feb, 2015 so as per the FAQs, the guide I don't have to prove the english language requirement that I have proven now 3 times with Tier-1, Tier-1 renewal and also ILR using by Degree from University of Delhi, India

I got a letter from the case worker on 7/4/2016 asking for NARIC letters certifying my degree by 22/4/2016 otherwise application will be rejected

I have responded with the above that ILR / settlement received on 4/2/2015 so should not be needed with no response from them yet

Please can you let me know what should I do? Should I arrange for the fast track NARIC which is very expensive and also needs time as I need to arrange for the letter from the universities certifying my course was taught in English

If that is the case, can I ask them for more time to submit this or should I stick to the current stance of this not being needed?
Were you requested by the HO to provide a letter from the university certifying your course was taught in English?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:16 am

Any applicant who checks the following option in Form AN is exempt from providing any documentary evidence to prove English language proficiency.
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Clearly mentioned in Guide AN too.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:50 am

Hi

I think Most of the case workers need to give B1 English test themselves 1st. If they can not understand their own guidance in AN guidance and Booklet.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

ecommercegj
Newly Registered

Post by ecommercegj » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:40 pm

I was asked by HO to provide NARIC letters for me and my wife for our degrees but not a letter from university.
NARIC website asks for a letter from the university. If I have to even get one it will take weeks to get this from India and then either pay another 250+250 for NARIC premium service or again wait another 15 days.

I checked the ILR after 28 Oct 2013 box in our forms but still got this letter so have emailed back to them with the quote from the guide.

Please let me know what else should I do? Should I start this process to get a letter from my university or wait for their reply.

If the case worker still asks for NARIC, can I ask for more time or can I challenge again?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:50 pm

If they ask again then its better to appear in trinity b1 exam (cost £150) rather then go for fast track Naric letter ( cost £250) you will get dates within a week and certificate also deliver in 4-7 days time.

ILRUK2014

Post by ILRUK2014 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:51 pm

ecommercegj wrote:I was asked by HO to provide NARIC letters for me and my wife for our degrees but not a letter from university.
NARIC website asks for a letter from the university. If I have to even get one it will take weeks to get this from India and then either pay another 250+250 for NARIC premium service or again wait another 15 days.

I checked the ILR after 28 Oct 2013 box in our forms but still got this letter so have emailed back to them with the quote from the guide.

Please let me know what else should I do? Should I start this process to get a letter from my university or wait for their reply.

If the case worker still asks for NARIC, can I ask for more time or can I challenge again?
Were you able to sort this out in the End?

susheel

Post by susheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm

ecommercegj wrote:Hi,

Dear ecommerceg,

Hi , I am in similar situation like your. Please share what the outcome of your application. I am trying to arranging the MOI document from Indian University for NARIC.

Did you go by Fast Track application or by Trinity Service ?

Please share you experience.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Come on! Just give IELTS Life skills and make your life and application easy! NARIC is a waste of time and money.