ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to check if my passport application reached PP office?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prvnrk

how to check if my passport application reached PP office?

Post by prvnrk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello

I applied for British passport on 14/4/2016 via Postoffice "check & send services". Until now, I did not get my Original certificates nor any letter/response from Her Majesty's Passport Office.

1) I see few members here mentioned that "PP application reached date", how can I verify if my passport application reached Her Majesty's Passport Office? The "check & send" receipt doesn't seem to have any tracking reference (it has only a bar code)

2) My wife & lot of members here got response & original certificates back in 2-3 days. It seems we can track our applications here - https://passportofficeforms.service.gov ... ation.ofml but they ask us to wait for 3 weeks before submitting a query there. Is there anything I should do now?

Please advise, many thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: how to check if my passport application reached PP offic

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:36 pm

prvnrk

Post by prvnrk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks but I already mentioned it in my post. I need something else!

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:57 pm

prvnrk wrote:
Thanks but I already mentioned it in my post. I need something else!
Whoaah! Chill out dude.

You submitted your PP application on 14/4/16, there is no need to panic, just because your wife received hers within 2/3 days. I got a text response after one week of submission that HO has received my application, so going by that timeline, you should be getting it any day now. As for your cert, they will arrive when they arrive. Breath and relax.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 pm

I sent my application on the same date and still not received anything. I was exactly thinking the same what you have mentioned.
ZR

prvnrk

Post by prvnrk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 pm

zzzindagi wrote:I sent my application on the same date and still not received anything. I was exactly thinking the same what you have mentioned.
So we are on the same boat. Please update here any progress with your application and I will do the same.

Hope both of us will get response soon, good luck! :)

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Phone HM passport office they will ask few details like name, D.O.B. Address etc and barcode reference no which is on POST OFFICE receipt and let you know exactly when did they received your application.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Read this thread even few applicants managed to booked their interview without Interview invitation letter
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... r#p1317136

I did it in Nov 2015 for my wife passport application I used check and send service phone around after 5 days later and booked wife interview without invitation letter and even at interview they didn't ask for that letter as well and very next days received passport and documents.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:02 pm

prvnrk wrote:...

1) I see few members here mentioned that "PP application reached date", how can I verify if my passport application reached Her Majesty's Passport Office? The "check & send" receipt doesn't seem to have any tracking reference (it has only a bar code)

2) My wife & lot of members here got response & original certificates back in 2-3 days. It seems we can track our applications here - https://passportofficeforms.service.gov ... ation.ofml but they ask us to wait for 3 weeks before submitting a query there. Is there anything I should do now?

Please advise, many thanks!
1) By using C&S you have effectively submitted your application at the PO.
Agonising over where it now is, within the system, isn't worth it;
the system is clearly set up to report on status after 3 weeks and not before.

2) Anything you should do now (just 1 week after applying): just sit tight and stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

prvnrk

Post by prvnrk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks noajthan & others for your replies!

Sigh of a relief - I got a letter today asking me to book an appointment for Interview. I did not get My original certificates yet and no Text messages about application progress.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Nice to bump into this thread as I used post office check and send to submit my first UK passport application few hours back. One more step closer to this never ending saga of playing the waiting game. :lol: