ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2, what if it is refused?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spencerand
Newly Registered

EEA2, what if it is refused?

Post by spencerand » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:44 pm

If my EEA2 visa is refused what options will I have? It should be fine, but I really need this visa (my job requires frequent travel, which I haven't been able to do) and have been waiting more than four months. So what happens if it is refused? I'm already here on a 6-month EEA family permit.

Also, if my application was missing something, would they contact me before a decision was made? Or would I have to do the application process again and not be allowed to travel for another six months!!!???

thsths

Re: EEA2, what if it is refused?

Post by thsths » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:21 pm

spencerand wrote:If my EEA2 visa is refused what options will I have? It should be fine, but I really need this visa (my job requires frequent travel, which I haven't been able to do) and have been waiting more than four months.
First of all you can travel. They may try to scare you, and it may be a bit difficult to convince the Immigration Officer, but as long as your case is reasonably straight forward it should be possible. And if you encounter unreasonable difficulties, you have a number of ways to complain (Home Office, MP, European Commission etc).
Also, if my application was missing something, would they contact me before a decision was made? Or would I have to do the application process again and not be allowed to travel for another six months!!!???
If some document is obviously missing, they will ask for it. For example the pay slips that you submitted are most likely considered out of date by now, so they may ask for recent ones. At least that was my experience.
Last edited by thsths on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spencerand
Newly Registered

Post by spencerand » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:55 pm

I would not DARE travel. My last experience travelling during the process was too traumatic and they almost didn't let me in. I have asked the HO repeated for a letter allowing me to travel and they never respond.

Also, what happens if it is rejected? Do I appeal?

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 pm

The reason for appeal depends on the reason for the rejection. Do you not think that you might be getting a bit too anxious for no reason at all?
Jabi

spencerand
Newly Registered

Post by spencerand » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:25 am

Haha, I'm sure I am getting really anxious, it's just that a lot depends on getting this visa. I need to travel for work and am simply not comfortable travelling until it is resolved. We also need to travel in a month for Christmas. Plus we're trying to buy a house and I imagine this will be impossible without a five-year visa.

That said, in theory it should be fine. I got my six-month EEA permit without a problem. Just so ridiculous how long I have to wait.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:28 pm

We all live with these inconveniences and some more. Cannot advice anything else but to be patient atleast a bit more.

All the best!
Jabi