ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa waiting time with priority

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Spousal visa waiting time with priority

Post by muffinman » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi,
I applied for a spousal settlement visa and after speaking to the UKVI agents on the paid phone number they suggested I use the priority service because I needed my passport back within 5-6 weeks to travel for work. The agent on the phone told me that it would be done within 4 weeks if I paid the priority. So I did pay the £450 through TLScontact and included the receipt in with my application package (as instructed).
Its now been more than 4 weeks since I got the confirmation that the application is in Sheffield but no other response.
The phone number and email to call are useless. They won't give me any status update or even let me know if it is being processed priority.
Is there any way I can find out? Anyone else I can call? It looks like they gave me bad advice on that expensive per minute phone number and now I need to know whether or not to change my work travel plans.
Thanks for any help!

ana ali

Re: Spousal visa waiting time with priority

Post by ana ali » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:04 pm

I am on the same boat...

I applied for spouse visa on priority service.

And I am waiting for last six weeks and no update yet...

Their email form to track status is also useless.

quote="muffinman"]Hi,
I applied for a spousal settlement visa and after speaking to the UKVI agents on the paid phone number they suggested I use the priority service because I needed my passport back within 5-6 weeks to travel for work. The agent on the phone told me that it would be done within 4 weeks if I paid the priority. So I did pay the £450 through TLScontact and included the receipt in with my application package (as instructed).
Its now been more than 4 weeks since I got the confirmation that the application is in Sheffield but no other response.
The phone number and email to call are useless. They won't give me any status update or even let me know if it is being processed priority.
Is there any way I can find out? Anyone else I can call? It looks like they gave me bad advice on that expensive per minute phone number and now I need to know whether or not to change my work travel plans.
Thanks for any help![/quote]