ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 Dependent Medical Treatment question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

PBS Tier 2 Dependent Medical Treatment question

Post by paradoxical » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear all,

I am currently living in the UK on Tier 2 (general) and I am about to apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa for my 1 year old son and my wife. While filling the online form for my son, there is a question "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?" and if you select yes, it asks for whether you paid and treatment start and end date.
In our case, my son was in the UK for 2 months previously on a child visitor visa while my wife was on dependent visa (odd combination but it happened). And we did have an appointment with the GP for my son while he was here in those 2 months. Prior to that, I only walked to the GP, and I asked them to register my son who will come to UK and they just registered him. Now that I saw this in the application, I actually emailed my GP Practice, and told them that we had a GP appointment while my son was on a child visitor visa and if I need to pay for it, and I was told that I do not need to pay for it. There was no diagnosis or no illness but just general advice and we did not get any treatment for our baby. Now my question is, is a GP consultation considered a 'medical treatment', in which case I will need to say yes to the question. It is a poorly worded question and very ambiguous. I wouldn't personally consider GP appointment without any medicine, diagnosis etc. to be a medical treatment but you never know with these applications. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on this matter as I am totally lost :)
At the moment, my strategy is to say 'No' to medical treatment question and then explain it in the additional info. But it would help if someone has more insight and can guide me on this.
Many thanks,

geriatrix

Re: PBS Tier 2 Dependent Medical Treatment question

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 pm

paradoxical wrote:In our case, my son was in the UK for 2 months previously on a child visitor visa while my wife was on dependent visa (odd combination but it happened). And we did have an appointment with the GP for my son while he was here in those 2 months.
Answer "no" in response to question asking about medical treatment.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!