ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Validating Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sheila
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Validating Question

Post by Sheila » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:40 pm

My husband has applied for a settlement visa. We have been married 7yrs. He is currently in Australia waiting for his visa to be granted. I am in UK.
Does anyone know whether I have to be in the UK when he actually lands in UK to validate? There is a strong chance i may have to go on a very important business trip abroad which will clash with him arriving here.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:01 am

Which is more important?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sheila
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 am

Wanderer wrote:Which is more important?
Both, because if i lose my job how do i support him until he finds one? Baring in mind I am his sponsor.

Sheila
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:06 pm

I still cannot find any info on my question. Can anyone help with an answer?

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Shiela, while there is no legislation that says that you have to be physically present while he enters the UK, it woulld be better if you were around. If not, atleast be in contact by roaming services so that you can be reached if the Immigration officer at the Port of Entry gives any trouble.

But, by law, he cannot be turned back just beacuse you are currently not in the country.
Jabi

Sheila
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:30 pm

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. I will try my best to be here, but needed to know just in case.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Could he not just come at a time when you will definintely be here, in case of any difficulties?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Sheila
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:02 pm

avjones wrote:Could he not just come at a time when you will definintely be here, in case of any difficulties?

I am hoping I can be here and there is a good chance i will be. I am just covering myself in case the worst happens as my job can take me into Europe at short notice for several days at a time and knowing my luck it will clash. Lets hope not!!