ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (general) for child born in UK - medical treatment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TMDC
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (general) for child born in UK - medical treatment

Post by TMDC » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:09 pm

My child was born in the UK and we would like to travel to South Africa and apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa from there for her. I have a Tier 2 general visa, and all have South African passports only. Some of the questions on the online form (seems like the form needs to be done online) is not clear for our situation.
1. Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK and paid for it?
I'm worried that saying yes she did (birth and immunisations), but not paid for it would create concerns. How should this question be answered? The doctors did say we don't need to pay as I am on a Tier 2 visa and she was born here, but I think the question may create problems.

2. TB certificate - would she need this if we apply from South AFrica within a week of arriving there? She will be 3 months old and has been in the UK all the time until our planned trip? From the gov.uk website it seems like she may be exempt if she has lived in the UK for at least 6 months. But she will only be 3 months old (which is her entire life in the UK). Even if not going for a TB test, would she need the certificate?

I've searched for the topic on the medical question, and see someone asked this a day ago, but when clicking on the post, it doesn't show (says has been removed), so apologies for asking something someone else may have asked.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 (general) for child born in UK - medical treatmen

Post by paradoxical » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi there,
I have asked a similar question but my case is slightly different than yours. In my case my child was not born in UK, but had visited me for 2 months with his mother (who already had a dependent visa). I had a similar concern though as my child did have a single GP appointment but I was not sure whether we should put yes or no to the medical treatment question.
My first question to you is, are you the mother on Tier 2 visa and you had a child born here? If that is the case, then the birth part should all be covered as it is a treatment of you, not the child to be born yet. If you are the father and your wife had a child born here, then was she on a tier 2 dependent visa or a visitor visa? If she was on a tier 2 dependent visa, then the same rule should apply (she is not liable to pay). If she was on a visitor visa, then the case is different.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 pm

TMDC wrote: 1. Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK and paid for it?
I'm worried that saying yes she did (birth and immunisations), but not paid for it would create concerns. How should this question be answered?
Nothing to be concerned about. "No".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

TMDC
Newly Registered

Post by TMDC » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you. Yes myself (the mother) is on a Tier 2 visa as the main applicant. Would her immunisations not imply that I should answer 'yes' to this question?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:07 pm

No.

Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK and paid for it?
Note the use of "and". It is not "or"!

2. Treatment = Medical care given to a patient for an illness or injury. Neither birth nor immunisation is a "treatment".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HIENNGO
Newly Registered

Post by HIENNGO » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 pm

TMDC wrote:My child was born in the UK and we would like to travel to South Africa and apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa from there for her. I have a Tier 2 general visa, and all have South African passports only. Some of the questions on the online form (seems like the form needs to be done online) is not clear for our situation.
I'm worried that saying yes she did (birth and immunisations), but not paid for it would create concerns. How should this question be answered? The doctors did say we don't need to pay as I am on a Tier 2 visa and she was born here, but I think the question may create problems.

2. TB certificate - would she need this if we apply from South AFrica within a week of arriving there? She will be 3 months old and has been in the UK all the time until our planned trip? From the gov.uk website it seems like she may be exempt if she has lived in the UK for at least 6 months. But she will only be 3 months old (which is her entire life in the UK). Even if not going for a TB test, would she need the certificate?

I've searched for the topic on the medical question, and see someone asked this a day ago, but when clicking on the post, it doesn't show (says has been removed), so apologies for asking something someone else may have asked.
Hi,
Regarding your second question, I am now in the same case. I guess you had the answer for this question. Could you share with me? Did your daughter need a TB certificate?

Thanks.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:44 am

TMDC wrote:My child was born in the UK and we would like to travel to South Africa and apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa from there for her. I have a Tier 2 general visa, and all have South African passports only. Some of the questions on the online form (seems like the form needs to be done online) is not clear for our situation.

Why not apply for the child before leaving UK? If anything goes wrong with the application while in South Africa, you might be delayed or at worst not able to bring the child back. I believe you can apply for the children before leaving UK. It's better to have a visa with which the child can travel back to the UK before leaving UK.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.