ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conflicting information on Return Address for BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sam76
Newly Registered

Conflicting information on Return Address for BRP

Post by sam76 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:00 am

FOlks
I attended my citizenship ceremony on the 5th May 2016 and posted the cut up BRPs for myself, wife and son to the address mentioned in the Home Office letter 'Citizenship Invitation' on the very next day ie 6th May 2016 using signed delivery by Royal Mail.

The address on the invitation letter, the one I sent the BRPs to, is
POL Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol BS201BT

This address is different from the one mentioned in the guidance available on website: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... p-ceremony

When I checked the status of delivery on Royal Mail website on the 7th May 2016 it said Royal Mail left a 'while you were away card' as there was no one to receive this package and that a redelivery would have to be requested.

I called up UKVI helpline today to figure out if someone would actually request a redelivery and was told that I should have sent the BRPs to the address mentioned on the website instead but because I have a proof of postage and the address I have sent this to is mentioned in the Home Office letter I "shouldn't worry about it". But I am conscious that 5 day timeline runs out tomorrow and the PO Box 195, Bristol BS201BT is not recognized by Royal Mail website as valid address. Could anyone who has sent their BRPs to this address please share their experience - I cant afford to pay a £1000 fine specially when I have followed the instructions by home office to the T.
Many Thanks
Sam

omairnawaz
Newly Registered

Re: Conflicting information on Return Address for BRP

Post by omairnawaz » Sat May 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi
I am faced with a similar situation. I have received a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter and I've also found that the address they have provided is different to what they have mentioned on the guidance notes. I'll appreciate if you give an update on your case?
Thanks

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Sun May 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Had the same confusion and then decided to send it to the address on the invitation letter - because 1) it is a HO issued written proof that stands as evidence for return address 2 ) might be much more up to date that the website 3) the website can be changed any time in the future.

I sent it by royal mail signed for and have received a receipt signature as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:42 pm

It goes to the same place. One address is a Freepost and the other is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:25 pm

I also send it on the address given on invitation letter and have proof of posting and delivery status. :roll:
*The gravity*