ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

varying from FLR (O) to SET (LR) at a premium centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sukosukkyboie

varying from FLR (O) to SET (LR) at a premium centre

Post by sukosukkyboie » Mon May 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi guys,

I will really appreciate if anyone can help

I applied for FLR (O) for myself and My Mrs, now I'm eligible for SET (LR) but I'm applying at the premium centre. when i was about to make the payment for the premium centre appointment I had to pay the full amount again I was hoping there will be an option to jut top up the previous flr (o) payment. does anyone know how i can rec;aim the money or the FLR (O)?
OR will the payment for the FLR (O) be deduct from the SET LR payment on the appointment day.

how will I go about this for my Mrs too?

responses will be really appreciated

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: varying from FLR (O) to SET (LR) at a premium centre

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Did you apply to vary your FLR(O) application to Set(LR)? This would likely have resulted in the fee difference being required. Or have you just applied for in person appointment and paid ILR fee without varying your FLR(O) application?

Does your wife also qualify for set(LR)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Tue May 10, 2016 3:53 am

CR001 wrote:Did you apply to vary your FLR(O) application to Set(LR)? This would likely have resulted in the fee difference being required. Or have you just applied for in person appointment and paid ILR fee without varying your FLR(O) application?

Does your wife also qualify for set(LR)??
Thanks for a prompt response

I just applied for PEO and paid ILR fee without varying. I would take a cover letter with me stating my intention though.

Is there a way I can change this or is it too late?
My wife will vary to FLR (M) after i have sorted mine.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 am

See page 57 of the link below on what you should have done to vary an application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... es-v18.pdf

Do you have any of your documents?

If not, how will you apply in person if you have not withdrawn or varied your FLR(O) application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Tue May 10, 2016 9:59 am

CR001 wrote:See page 57 of the link below on what you should have done to vary an application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... es-v18.pdf

Do you have any of your documents?

If not, how will you apply in person if you have not withdrawn or varied your FLR(O) application?
Please can you advise on what to do, my appointment is next week monday. Now I am scared and worried.

Please any opinion on how to fix this

shaba ranks
Newly Registered

Post by shaba ranks » Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

You certainly can vary the grounds even at a PSC without having your original documents. But because there's no option just to top up or pay the balance while booking the PSC appointment, you would have to pay in full I'm afraid. But in saying that, you don't really loose the money already paid for any pending applications which you would have to request a refund for after your PSC appointment date & you will get it back regardless of the outcome. And as per your Dependent-- I would personally say that you better pay for them again in full for the FLRM (M) (assuming you would be granted ILR within weeks after attending PSC) if they were included in your original application as dependents & then request the refund for them as well. To be honest, as per the guidance, you could always go by not paying again & rather using the already paid fees towards new application while varying the grounds but that may complicate things for the caseworkers & if it's with someone with little or no knowledge then they might invalidate your applications after all we all know how incompetent the IND>UKBA>UKVI could be....