ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Apllication as Tier 1 General Migrant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inoka
Newly Registered

ILR Apllication as Tier 1 General Migrant

Post by inoka » Tue May 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi,

I have made a postal application in early January and given biometric in early Feb 2016. My application is simple and straight forward as I am the only applicant (single applicant) and all income claim from the permanent full-time job and even claiming more points than required.

I have been receiving monthly status update from the HO saying the application is still under process. I heard from my lawyer that all ILR applications made under T1 General are delaying as the HO is checking documents of the initial grant.

I wonder whether anyone in the same category have received visa recently or whether what I heard from the lawyer is true.

I would much appreciate your response.

Thanks.

aamirwani

Re: ILR Apllication as Tier 1 General Migrant

Post by aamirwani » Tue May 10, 2016 2:28 pm

You will be fine.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:25 pm

yes you are right. at the moment its really taking long and the same was told by my lawyer too. for self employed applications they check all the details from their Initial application.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Posts on these forums have suggested that self-employed applicants are being looked at particularly keenly. That may be causing a bottleneck for all applicants.

Your post suggests that you are a salaried single person. You should be fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

inoka
Newly Registered

Post by inoka » Tue May 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Thank you all.

However, my income on initial application and the extension partly was from self-employment. But my income from employment was enough for ILR.

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Tue May 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Do you have any tax amendments for Initial and Extensions applications.
If so, that may cause little delay as they are check in detail all self employed applications.

inoka
Newly Registered

Post by inoka » Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 am

I have paid tax due for the full income declared for my self-employment income without any amendments.