ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2014 Rule for claiming Employment Point.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

April 2014 Rule for claiming Employment Point.

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun May 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Dear Members,

Can anyone please help out in my situation mention below regarding which rule I am falling.

I applied PSW 50K route in Feb 2013. Application was refused in Nov 2013. Appeal date was in April 2014.
Appeal allow in end of April 2014 and we received BRP in May 2014.

In the above case can I follow new rule which was changed on 6th April 2014 or I am falling in old rule.

Please clear the confusion.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by noajthan on Sun May 15, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected topic title

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: April 2016 Rule for claiming Employment Point.

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun May 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Sorry its April 2014 rule by mistake I wrote April 2016. Thanks

Mrchaany

Re: April 2016 Rule for claiming Employment Point.

Post by Mrchaany » Sun May 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Everyone has their own views but I think your are coming and need to follow post April 2014 rules.

zimba
Mood:

Re: April 2014 Rule for claiming Employment Point.

Post by zimba » Mon May 16, 2016 9:07 am

You applied successfully to enter the route before April 2014, when your BRP issued is not important. You are on Pre-April 2014 rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Mon May 16, 2016 3:05 pm

zimba88 wrote:You applied successfully to enter the route before April 2014, when your BRP issued is not important. You are on Pre-April 2014 rules
Hi zimba88, while you're discussing pre-April 2014 rules, I would really appreciate if you can share your opinion. 2 part time employees for 24 months as per pre-2014 rules meets the job creation requirement, right?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi Zimba888, Thank you for your reply. Just need to know if I follow April 2014 rule instead of pre-post rule so there is any issue?

Second I got FPS from account of all my previous month but in FPS only the employee names their start and leaving dates their TAX , Salary , NIC , and Employer NIC mention there. In FPS employees hours are not mentioned.

So we can use Employees Wage Slips as prove for claiming points with FPS please clear.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 17, 2016 9:24 am

raj.m wrote: Hi zimba88, while you're discussing pre-April 2014 rules, I would really appreciate if you can share your opinion. 2 part time employees for 24 months as per pre-2014 rules meets the job creation requirement, right?
Yes, two part time workers working 24 months means that you created equivalent of 2 full time jobs for a year. This will be even acceptable for post-April 2014
hina_pirzada wrote:Just need to know if I follow April 2014 rule instead of pre-post rule so there is any issue?
You can follow any. Life will be easier if you hire two full time employees for a year
hina_pirzada wrote: Second I got FPS from account of all my previous month but in FPS only the employee names their start and leaving dates their TAX , Salary , NIC , and Employer NIC mention there. In FPS employees hours are not mentioned.
So we can use Employees Wage Slips as prove for claiming points with FPS please clear.
Most people are not paid hourly rates but are paid annually. You do not need a documentary evidence to prove the hourly rate as it will not show on pay slips or FPS. Just confirm the hourly rate on the form.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zshaan21
Pakistan

Post by zshaan21 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Dear all,

I am having same problem. If you help me to confirm the following details it would be great.

1) one of my employee is on full time role one year contract 20 k. When i checked the salary slip it mentioned the lump sum amount, not the hourly rate. As per the guideline we need to provide them per hour calculation but on wage slip it does not show the hours.my accountant told me we will send them contract copy which covers the complete details.

2) one of my employee left on 30 april and replacement employement started on the same day 30 april.so if the new employee replace and no gap occured then we can claim the points.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 am

zshaan21 wrote: 1) one of my employee is on full time role one year contract 20 k. When i checked the salary slip it mentioned the lump sum amount, not the hourly rate. As per the guideline we need to provide them per hour calculation but on wage slip it does not show the hours.my accountant told me we will send them contract copy which covers the complete details.
Just submit you payslips as normal. They will calculate the working hours by breaking down the salary.
For eg: £20,000 / 52weeks = £384.61per week.
£384.61/30 hours per week = £12.82 per hour
zshaan21 wrote: 2) one of my employee left on 30 april and replacement employement started on the same day 30 april.so if the new employee replace and no gap occured then we can claim the points.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yes you can claim points for this. Please read the guidance Annex F
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am

What if a full time employee leaves on 28 February after 7 months and replacement starts working from 1 oct and together they complete 16 months before extension in same job role. They can be used as 1 full time job right?

My most staffs were/are randomly taken depending on the business need. Now trying to add up.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2016 9:35 am

thutmose wrote:What if a full time employee leaves on 28 February after 7 months and replacement starts working from 1 oct and together they complete 16 months before extension in same job role. They can be used as 1 full time job right?

My most staffs were/are randomly taken depending on the business need. Now trying to add up.
A job does NOT need to be completed by one employee and need NOT be continuous. A job created could be fulfilled by multiple employees with gaps, as long as it covers 12 months min.
Example:
Employee A starts the job from 1st Feb and leaves on 1st August, then the replacement Employee B starts from November onwards. As long as the total period of job created is 12 months you are fine and the gaps do not matter.

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 am

Oh that's great thanks zimba.

One more thing. First employee left middle of the month mar 15 so she got paid for only the days she worked on that month. So month march was technically not full time.
I am planning to put
1 Aug to 28 feb this full 7 months and tick full time and then for the second employee 1 sep 15 to 30 Apr (8 months) tick full time (she still works). On the same job 1 box on the form.

Do I need to add the payslip for broken month (mar 15) for the first employee or just the point claiming months?

Thanks in advance zimba.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 pm

thutmose wrote:Oh that's great thanks zimba.

One more thing. First employee left middle of the month mar 15 so she got paid for only the days she worked on that month. So month march was technically not full time.
I am planning to put
1 Aug to 28 feb this full 7 months and tick full time and then for the second employee 1 sep 15 to 30 Apr (8 months) tick full time (she still works). On the same job 1 box on the form.

Do I need to add the payslip for broken month (mar 15) for the first employee or just the point claiming months?

Thanks in advance zimba.
You need to send payslips covering all the period you are claiming points for. If you are not claiming points for a period you do not need to send in the payslips for that period

printdoc
Newly Registered

Post by printdoc » Thu May 19, 2016 10:04 am

hina_pirzada wrote:Hi Zimba888, Thank you for your reply. Just need to know if I follow April 2014 rule instead of pre-post rule so there is any issue?

Second I got FPS from account of all my previous month but in FPS only the employee names their start and leaving dates their TAX , Salary , NIC , and Employer NIC mention there. In FPS employees hours are not mentioned.

Please how did you get the FPS printed? Which accounting software are you using?