ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

English requirement for BC

Post by hussainkothari » Mon May 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello,

I gained my ILR in June 2015 with the PBS calculator for Enlglish language print out off ukba site.

Now its time for BC application and the rules seems to have changed.

Can I use the option of 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;' or is this option available to people who had passed their B1 then?

Please let me know my options? Will be re assuring to know experiences of first hand individuals as well.

Thanks,
H

sanjaywakhare

Re: English requirement for BC

Post by sanjaywakhare » Fri May 20, 2016 4:53 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Hello,

I gained my ILR in June 2015 with the PBS calculator for Enlglish language print out off ukba site.

Now its time for BC application and the rules seems to have changed.

Can I use the option of 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;' or is this option available to people who had passed their B1 then?

Please let me know my options? Will be re assuring to know experiences of first hand individuals as well.

Thanks,
H
I have a similar case. AN due in next month. I am going to tick ''I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;'

(the above option 'I met ....' does not mention Go to section 1.24... which makes me think that 1.23 [test details] is still a valid question to answer)

So here I am going to put details of IELTS test given 6 years ago at the time of initial entry based on the below from Gov.UK (https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications)

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.