ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badmaash

flr

Post by badmaash » Sat May 28, 2016 8:42 pm

my wife was granted spouse visa last december. i would like to know the next step forward

am i correct in saying that when she applies for her flr extension she needs to have a a2 cert and go to a approved test centre for a exam?

also at what level esol will be in requirement for level a2?

Casa

Re: flr

Post by Casa » Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 pm

Yes, A2 level English will be a requirement from October 2016. ESOL qualifications are no longer accepted.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... mily-route

Ensure you save at least 6 documents/correspondence addressed to you both in joint names, covering the full 2.5 year period. These should be from 3 different sources and the general rule of thumb is one piece of evidence every 4-5 months.

No one can predict what changes may be introduced (if any) before your wife is ready to apply for her next extension in 2018.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sat May 28, 2016 10:35 pm

ok . does that mean we just need a selt, and not a additional esol cert

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 am

ESOL is no longer an accepted qualification as advised in my previous post.
See this link updated May 2016 for approved tests/test providers including A2 level English.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.