ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for 10 years of employment history for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

addianup
Newly Registered

Advice for 10 years of employment history for Naturalization

Post by addianup » Mon May 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello to all!!! I know there are many expert immigration advisers and gurus on this forum. I need your expert advise because I am confuse about 10 years of employment for AN form. I have ilr and going to apply for naturalization for a british citizen in a month time. I came to UK as as student and did part time jobs and there were many gaps in between I did not work. In 2012 I was registered as a self employed and resigned a business at companies house for tier1 enterpreneur visa. For three years I was not involved in any employment and my self employment income was zero, also the company I have register was a dormanent account for couple of years, between this time my wife was working. I got my ilr one year back and working in a full time employment and I am going to apply for naturalization. Now on the An form HO ask for 10 years of employment history, I understand I will give details only when I have worked, but for the self employment period do I need to send any records with the application or HO will know when they contact with the HMRC. How can I fill up the 10 years of employment history for the an form. Any gurus can please advise. It would be grateful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice for 10 years of employment history for Naturaliza

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:57 pm

You need to complete the section with ALL employment in the last 10 years (PAYE employment and self employment). HO will check. It is up to them to disregard anything if they wish to but it is up to you to provide honest and truthful information in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: Advice for 10 years of employment history for Naturaliza

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 4:00 pm

addianup wrote:...

How can I fill up the 10 years of employment history for the an form. Any gurus can please advise. It would be grateful.
You will need to list all dates and periods of both employment and self-employment.

Its up to you to provide a full and complete picture.
Your case will be decided based on the quality (and completeness) of information provided.

As per guidance, SA information may be required ...
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require:
  • The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
If you have not read the comprehensive AN booklet and guide suggest you take a look between now and July.

Edit: pipped by CR001
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.